20 Minutes a Day - Nov 8 (Closed Group)

Options
Wow, this group is amazing. Day one of the challenge and 18 out of our 27 checked in. That's fantastic.

I hope this group is giving you motivation... I know it's keeping me on track. How can I check in with all of you if I don't do my 20?!?! LOL :laugh:

It's a cold, gloomy morning here so I didn't get in my morning walk. Luckily for me, I have Zumba tonight. That will more than make up for it.

Happy Tuesday! :drinker:

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I am planning a weight training workout for today. :happy:
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    I have my C25K workout today, which I'm doing after work.
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Morning Group! I am so excited to be a part of this because it helps me be accountable for at least 20min of exercise a day and know tgat others are watching out for me also! I did my Yoga this morning bright and early. The program lasted 37min so I have a bonus 17min for my day. GO Me!!

Hope to hear from everyone else today! Keep up the good work and stay focused and we will all get to our goals! <3
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Is there going to be a different thread for each day? Just want to make sure I keep up and post in the right place each day! Thanks.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    morning, I posted on the wrong thread!

I did an hour crossfit class last night
  • Forensikchic
    Forensikchic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I walked for 30 minutes this morning! Felt great! Woohoo!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    25 minutes of walking - DONE! Hope to do more later :flowerforyou:
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi Gang, sorry for the confusion! I thought if we had a new thread each day it would be easier to see who exercised that day.

Would you prefer to keep one thread going? or start a new one each day? I can easily do either!!!

Looking good... lots of "20 minutes" in... I am sure there is more to come today!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Hi Gang, sorry for the confusion! I thought if we had a new thread each day it would be easier to see who exercised that day.

Would you prefer to keep one thread going? or start a new one each day? I can easily do either!!!

Looking good... lots of "20 minutes" in... I am sure there is more to come today!

I like the idea of a new thread for each day to keep the days straight. But can you can post a link in the old thread for the new one when it is up, so even if someone goes to the old thread, they know where they are supposed to be now? (Does that make sense?)
  • TazzyDB
    Options
    How about I post a message on the prior day stating "GO TO TODAY'S THREAD"? I don't know if we can link to prior threads.... I'll have to look into it. Great idea!
  • kbrown1171
    Options
    Beautiful day today -- 20 minute walk on my lunch break! YAY us!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    How about I post a message on the prior day stating "GO TO TODAY'S THREAD"? I don't know if we can link to prior threads.... I'll have to look into it. Great idea!

Just tested it by posting a link to this thread in yesterday's thread. I am new here and didn't know if that can be done either, but it worked! I just learned something new about MFP :happy:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options

This is what the post looks like with the link in it (the post on yesterday's thread linking to today's thread). Just a suggestion, but I thought a link might keep us all on the same page.
  • 07lucky07
    Options
    20 min walking!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    checking in... 20 mins and more again today! YAY!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    Yessss, just finished 30 minutes of exercise (15 minutes of weights and 15 minutes of hard-core cleaning the house!)
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Got in 28 minutes for my C25K workout.
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    20 minutes walking. YAY!!

Oh yeah-I wanted to mention some people seem to be posting to the original thread.
  • TazzyDB
    Options
    Okay.... I've sent everyone an invite to a GROUP so we can more easily keep in touch. Every day I'll start a new thread for tracking our achievements. You can get to GROUPS by going to the Community tab and then the sub-tab groups.

YEAH to MFP for making this easier for us!

GREAT JOB ON GETTING YOUR 20 IN!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    checking in for yesterday... I did more then 20, yay me, I even put up some before, and after pics!