high praise from a 10 year old boy

Options

Replies

• MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Very moving. I have tears in my eyes. I have 4 boys. My 6 yr. old recently told his Daddy that I look like a teenager now. :) I'm 37! haha! Good luck on your journey. You're awesome and so is your son!
  • lov3vh
    lov3vh Posts: 70
    Options
    awww!! :):) thats so sweet!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    One of the best stories I have read on MFP. Thank you so much for sharing! :happy:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    awwww that is beyond awesome!!! :happy:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Aww..that is so awesome that your son realizes how far you have come on your journey..Kudos to you for raising a wonderful huma being!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing - that is so great!
  • DancingVe
    DancingVe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful gift you are giving to your son!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    This is from my profile....

About Me
    Single mom of 3 boys. (20, 19 and 10). I realized that I spent the past 20 years being mom and don't know who I am.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I am tired of being the fat mom. I want to be able to do activities and not be winded at the end.

I wrote that back in July. Do I know what I am outside of being mom? no. But I am learning right now that is enough.

We did a family 2mile run/walk the first week of october and when I crossed the finish line he said "I wasn't looking for you until the end. Guess this working out crap is starting to work". He finished well ahead of me at the 5K but came back and ran the last 1/4 mile with me to the finish line then said...."I will go get you a banana". He is planning out our training nights for the Turkey Trot. Guess in a world full of pokemon, xbox, football practices and playing with his friends, he is taking an interest in what mom is doing too! It's cool. Now to get my other two on board!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes. Congrats and be proud to be such a good role model!
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Awww that's just precious! Sniff, tear. Great job!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    This is so touching! Wow!!
  • GreenLifeGirl
    GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow, my heart just melted! What an amazing encouragement from your boy...and shows you how much it has meant to him, too!
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What a great story!! You are such an inspiration to him!! I have tears in my eyes too :)
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awwww, totally made me cry. Be proud of your boy, he sounds like an amazing kid.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Wow this really made me tear up!! For several reasons.
    1 That is awesome that you are making such an impact in your son's life. It's awesome that you guys are using being healthy to build some amazing memories.
    2. My 15, 10, and 7 year old sons just ran a 5K on Sunday. While they were doing that, I was waiting at the finish line. I didn't get to enjoy that with them. I remember standing there thinking, I wish I could do this with them. Reading this just makes me want that even more!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    aww :') you're one lucky mom.. xx
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's adorable congrats. Kids always say the truth as well :)
  • sjadams01
    Options
    AWWWW....
  • KJanae87
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes just reading that. Ihope that I can be that kind of mother to my 1 year old son someday!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    aww that's the sweetest thing, my eyes teared up, your son is really proud of you and you've set an incredible example for him :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!