gym/workout buddies?

Options
Hello all...

I was curious if there were any MFPers in/around the Mesa,AZ area. I'm wanting to join a gym soon but would really like to have a workout buddy. Is there a word for fear of gyms? lol

Anyway... if anyone around is already a member at a gym or is thinking about joining one... please message me so we can set something up...

Thanks,

Emily

Replies

• Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I FEEL LIKE YOU ARE CHEATING ON ME.... RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME ;(
    BWAHAHA. CAN WE STILL HAVE OUR WEEKEND HIKES?
    PRETTY PLEASE?
    I LOVE YOU LOL
    WHOEVER MEETS UP WITH YOU IS IN FOR A FUN TIME CUZ YOU ARE A BLAST MY LOVE
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You both could just move to morgantown wv :) I go to an awesome gym :)
  • emaline614
    emaline614 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    umm... well our weekend hikes are like... the total highlight of my life! so yeah, i think we we can still have those. i need a gym buddy cause i'm just another fat person who's scared to go alone! lol
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I was talking to a boot camper yesterday morning and he was saying that he was intimidated by the gym so he made himself sign up for boot camp to get in the door. The trainer I work for suggested that he then buddy up with another boot camper or two to get in another workout a week. It's pretty easy to meet people at the gym, I met my husband at the gym 6+ years ago :) Just go for it! When you join you will probably get a first sesion free with a trainer, that should help you feel more confident with the equipment and s/he may have a group session you could join in on to get going.
  • afree30
    Options
    hi emily are you still in need of a workout buddy?