January Fitness Achievements

Options
So I decided to set some exercise goals for the year and keep a journal of what I do. It really motivates me to get out there and be active. Sort of a "self" challenge.

I set a goal of 2000 miles on my bike for the year.
I set a goal to walk/run 312 miles for the year.
I take some classes at the gym and while I didn't really set goals for that I decided to keep track of it anyway.

So in January this is what I did:

Biked--->146 miles
Walked--->55.5 miles
Spin Class--->6 classes
BodyPump--->10 classes

I am above goal on my walking, but below on my biking due to the cold weather. About to start training for my first century ride so I know the next couple months I will probably be way over! Just thought I would share.

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    So I decided to set some exercise goals for the year and keep a journal of what I do. It really motivates me to get out there and be active. Sort of a "self" challenge.

I set a goal of 2000 miles on my bike for the year.
    I set a goal to walk/run 312 miles for the year.
    I take some classes at the gym and while I didn't really set goals for that I decided to keep track of it anyway.

So in January this is what I did:

Biked--->146 miles
    Walked--->55.5 miles
    Spin Class--->6 classes
    BodyPump--->10 classes

I am above goal on my walking, but below on my biking due to the cold weather. About to start training for my first century ride so I know the next couple months I will probably be way over! Just thought I would share.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You are on a role now!! You will do great in your century ride! Good luck!
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! When you think of it like that it sounds pretty impresive. I might start keep track of my mileage too!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you are doing really well with your goals this month!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That is great! I really need to do that!

One goal that I made was to do at least 30 pushups (yes, on my toes not knees) a day. That is on top of any workout that I do that has pushups in it.

I did it... 30 pushups a day every day in January! :bigsmile: I need to total up my running miles too!

Jess
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    That is great! I really need to do that!

One goal that I made was to do at least 30 pushups (yes, on my toes not knees) a day. That is on top of any workout that I do that has pushups in it.

I did it... 30 pushups a day every day in January! :bigsmile: I need to total up my running miles too!

Jess

I stink at push-ups. I thought about starting with ten and building up, but have not started that yet!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I stink at push-ups. I thought about starting with ten and building up, but have not started that yet!!

The only way to get better is to do them! Start with 10 and try to add just 1 each day. Or try 10 in the morning, and then 10 again in the afternoon. You will build up a lot of strength from doing them, I have! :bigsmile:
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I love that idea! When you think of it like that it sounds pretty impresive. I might start keep track of my mileage too!

It makes me really want to get out there and do it! I actually keep a running log on my facebook page and then total it all up at the end of the month! I set the goal and started with that number and subtract. When I get to zero I go start going back up! I set goals that I felt I could meet without too much pressure. I may end up way over b/c I ride ALOT in the spring, summer, fall. BUT I didn't want to be stressed about it so I was careful when I set them.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options

The only way to get better is to do them! Start with 10 and try to add just 1 each day. Or try 10 in the morning, and then 10 again in the afternoon. You will build up a lot of strength from doing them, I have! :bigsmile:

I know, I know. I hate them though. But then again I didn't think I liked biking either until I started it and then found out that I LOVE it!!!