Guilt Free??

I see a lot of people talk about "guilt free" foods because it has low calories or low fat. But what about then it has tons of sugar? To me, that is not guilt free. Am I wrong?

For example, I was reading a post on Hungry Girl's site. She talks about "guilt free" licorice. Yeah, it may have 0g of fat, but it has 21g of sugar in one serving.

Obviously, I know that it's almost impossible to find something with low fat/calories/sugars....but I just don't understand this concept of "guilt free".

Replies

• Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    I would guess, and please know I am guessing it is "marketing". Just like on the bread I used to buy it said it was an excellent source of Fiber, and had a whopping 1 g of fiber.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    Hitting calorie goals = no guilt
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member

But shouldn't one be looking at overall intake of fat / carbs / sugars / protein / sodium, and not just caloric goals?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member

But shouldn't one be looking at overall intake of fat / carbs / sugars / protein / sodium, and not just caloric goals?

^^^These considerations are important, but misses the forest for the trees. As long as your diet is reasonably balanced and mostly "healthy", and you're within your calorie goals, the rest of this falls into place
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member

My thoughts exactly. Although I do try to have about 80% - 90% actual healthy food in my diet, and then I don't feel bad about a brownie or cookie.