TGI Fridays...HELP!!!

Options
I just found out today that my Uncle accepted a job out of state, and the whole family is throwing a good-bye party for him next weekend at TGI Fridays. I have been trying to find nutrition info. for the place, but it is darn near impossible!!:mad: This is going to be hard for me, since I have only eaten out once since starting my weight loss journey and I thought I was doing good by getting a chicken caesar salad...not so much!!! Came home and found out it had about 1100 calories in it and a high sodium content!! :noway: (I know now it is from the caesar dressing!!) Any suggestions from anyone as to what I can eat that is relatively okay?? I am already getting anxious...:ohwell:

109912.png

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I just found out today that my Uncle accepted a job out of state, and the whole family is throwing a good-bye party for him next weekend at TGI Fridays. I have been trying to find nutrition info. for the place, but it is darn near impossible!!:mad: This is going to be hard for me, since I have only eaten out once since starting my weight loss journey and I thought I was doing good by getting a chicken caesar salad...not so much!!! Came home and found out it had about 1100 calories in it and a high sodium content!! :noway: (I know now it is from the caesar dressing!!) Any suggestions from anyone as to what I can eat that is relatively okay?? I am already getting anxious...:ohwell:

109912.png
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Try thedailyplate.com I think they have some tgi fridays calories.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I googled "TGI Fridays, calories" and came up with several sites that have foods listed.

My suggestion though, is to get a salad that sounds yummy but don't eat it all! I usually eat half or a little less and save the rest for lunch the next day.

Good luck! Eating out is hard, but just remember you don't have to eat it all at once. :smile:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Why don't you try to eat b4 you go and just have water or a salad with no dressing... If you have to have dressing bring your own and add it when everyone else is eating... If someone ask just tell them your trying to be healthy.
    Good luck

:flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Have a salad and get the dressing on the side so you can measure out how much you put on it, or even better (if you like it) get a vinegar and oil side. I just use the vinegar at restaurants because I can't trust them for their dressings. They must have something with chicken breast and sub veggies for potato. You will do fine, don't stress!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    I worked at TGIF for 10 years. Get a salad with a grilled chicken breast and dressing on the side. The small (they call it a bullet) dressing is 2 ounces. Only use half the dressing - that is a normal serving of one ounce. Or bring your tablespoon measurer with you to measure it onto the salad.

The chicken breast they use is about 4 ounces. Ask how big it is. The server should know. They have a lite menu I think. Don't eat the bread it is soaked in butter (the rolls) Order iced tea no sugar or water or if you are drinking alcohol, get cabernet.

Or throw caution to the wind. If you order a regular meal ask for a TO-GO box with your food. Box half of it before you even start. Their portions are ginormous. You only need half of what they serve - max. But enjoy - you don't go out often. You can cheat occassionally. :flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi! First of all, congrats on your weight loss!:happy: TGI Fridays has their menu on-line. They do have some lo-carb and lo-fat options. The lo-fat options claim to have about 500 cals. No so bad. The portions are probably still over-sized, so maybe get that To-Go box and set aside some of it. A trick I heard about for salad dressings is to dip the lettuce, etc. into the dressing rather than pour the dressing on. You'd be surprised how much less you use! Good Luck! One night of controlled fun WON'T negate all the hard work you've done!
  • dewassel
    Options
    Order a salad and bring your own dressing.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want, just don't eat much. :bigsmile: I am a VERY picky eater, so when I go out the 'healthy' options don't even come close to being appealing. I just eat half, or even a third of whats there, try to stay away from the appetizers and I'm golden. :flowerforyou:
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    if you are drinking alcohol, get cabernet.
    But enjoy - you don't go out often. You can cheat occassionally. :flowerforyou:

AWESOME advice. CMriverside is my new heroine.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself eat light during the day saving most of your calories for dinner..do some good excercises more than your norm. Drink water with your dinner and stick to the 3 bite rule for desert. ...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    if you are drinking alcohol, get cabernet.
    But enjoy - you don't go out often. You can cheat occassionally. :flowerforyou:

AWESOME advice. CMriverside is my new heroine.

I am so NOT good at depriving myself. And Cabernet has lots of calories and carbs, which I tend to have a lot of left over at the end of the day. PERFECT! Gotta allow wine. Cab is also the lowest in sugars if ya gotta.......