Just joined last week..

Options
Hello,
I have been on this site for about a week now. I started loosing weight and exercising/eating right about a month ago. So far I have lost 16 lbs (3 since I started this). I was 185 (my heaviest weight, other than pregnant/right after having my son), and I realized that it was time for a change, that I was not going to go up a pant size ect.. I started with the south beach diet, cutting just about everything but lean meat, and green veggies out. Then I gradually moved on to add in fruits and whole grains. That is pretty much all that I eat now. I have been losing about 1 to 3lbs each week. The week before last I lost zero, but instead of becoming discouraged, I joined this website and started logging everything, I love it! Then, this past week, I've lost 3lbs. Right now I weigh 169 and my goal by Jan 1st is 160, then 150 (my pre pregnancy weight) by summer. I am 5'7", and 150 was a really good weight for me. I don't know if by then I will want to lose more or not, but those are my current goals. I also want to be toning up while doing this, that is why I am giving myself so much time. The first 10lbs was easy to lose but now it seems to be getting harder. As for exercise, I started out walking for an hour each morning, but weather has changed that plan. I am looking into getting a treadmill. For November, I went out a bought the Jillian Michael s 30 day shred, my plan is to do 10 days of each level, and weigh in/take measurements and pics every 10 days. Right now I am on day 8. I am kind of getting sick of doing the workout and have to push myself to do it, but it is getting way easier than the first 2 days. Anyways, basically I'm 24 years old, I have 2 kids ages 5 and 2, I'm married, but my husband and I both are very busy, we are both in school and work, so I spend a lot of time alone/with my 2 year old. Most of my friends moved away, we still stay in contact but I don't have a ton of really close friends to hang out with. I work as a server. Lets see what else, I just love being a mom, and I love to clean (haha) that's what I spend most of my time doing, playing with the kids and cleaning...when I'm not working or in class. I don't have a ton of money to join a gym and I now spend the majority of my tips on buying healthy food for the house. Good food is SO expensive, but I'm glad the whole family is now eating better. I am mainly looking for friends with similar goals to mine, and similar lifestyles but really anyone who wants to be my friend, please add me! I love talking to people and giving/receiving support on this journey =)

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and thanks for the add!! I fully agree w/you about the cost of healthy food.. soooo expensive.. but so worth it too!!! :o)