Jillian Micheals 30 day shred dvd question lvel 2

Options
I just started level 2 of Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and I am loving it. However, I couldn't master the plank twist. I tried for the full minute. I ended up tacking on an extra minute of ab work after since I did such a poor job. Does anyone know a step-by- step or have any tips for this move?

happy shredding! :)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep at it. You'll build strength over time.

I couldn't master it the first time either, I did a second round of the 30 day shred and was able to do it pretty well :)
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just really try and twist; It's hard because it doesn't feel natural for you body to twist that way drastically! but it sure does work!
  • star9401
    star9401 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My arms were too worn out with plank pose by the end that I just did bicycle Crunches, which was the simlar move in Level 1
  • MaterMama
    Options
    When I do these I here a popping/cracking in my back on every twist.

But the ones I have a really hard time doing are the ones where you are twist jumping.
  • falloncarrier
    falloncarrier Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You just have to keep at it. You'll build strength over time.

I couldn't master it the first time either, I did a second round of the 30 day shred and was able to do it pretty well :)

thanks! I wasn't sure if I just wasn't strong enough yet or if I was doing it wrong. It is a great DVD other then this one little thing. She breaks it down really well. I am really enjoying it. Guess I will just keep at it till I get it and keep adding on that extra minute till I get it right.
  • falloncarrier
    Options
    Just really try and twist; It's hard because it doesn't feel natural for you body to twist that way drastically! but it sure does work!

thanks! I will try and reach for the extra twist tomorrow. I really appreciate the reply cause I really want to master this. :)
  • falloncarrier
    Options
    When I do these I here a popping/cracking in my back on every twist.

But the ones I have a really hard time doing are the ones where you are twist jumping.

I think I would have been the same way if I wouldn't have done this in aerobic class before. The cardio is much harder in level two then level one. I love it. :)

I hope your back remains okay though...
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Do the exercise without going along with the video. Then you can take your time and practice your form. It helps, trust me ;)