Hi! :D

Options
Hi! I am very new to this, so I hope I am doing this right, haha. Anyways, I'm brand new to the site, but I am a professional dieter. I have been starting, quitting, starting, quitting, starting, quitting diets for years! I hope that this time, I will have some support and friends to get me through it, and I won't have to quit anymore :)

I've just moved to a new city, 1000 miles away from home, so I don't know anybody here! It makes dieting and exercising really hard, to be going it alone, so I hope that having an online community and blog will help fill that "workout buddy" void of mine. I'm aiming to lose 120 lbs, so it's going to be quite a ride.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Replies

• rlbohn
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll do great! :smile:
  • darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I have gained and lost all my life so I know what you are saying. This time I refuse to say the D word as they don't last. I am just taking one day at a time and just looking to feel healthy and try to get my eating under control. It will all come together if I don't stress over it. If I fall off the wagon I get back on if it is 1 day or 1 week,the thing is I am not giving up this time. I will take what my body lets go. I have gotten a lot of support from here as well as their as been a lot of inspirational stories! I think you will be happy here and feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes, this time I am trying to refrain from calling it a diet, instead choosing to just say that I really want to be healthier and happier, and Im making some active changes to achieve that goal. It's only been 2 days but I already feel much happier than I ever did when I "dieted," now I feel like Im making a change to get better instead of just restricting myself.
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! You can do it, Keep your mind positive and heading towards your goal!! :flowerforyou:

Garfield (the comic cat who loves eating lasagna) was said diet has the word "die" in it. Lol!
    I like to call it a healthier lifestyle. haha
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me. One GREAT thing about the site is all the support I get, so the more the merrier :)
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me - you're in the right place!
  • Tinkerbella831
    Options
    Hi! I am very new to this, so I hope I am doing this right, haha. Anyways, I'm brand new to the site, but I am a professional dieter. I have been starting, quitting, starting, quitting, starting, quitting diets for years! I hope that this time, I will have some support and friends to get me through it, and I won't have to quit anymore :)

I've just moved to a new city, 1000 miles away from home, so I don't know anybody here! It makes dieting and exercising really hard, to be going it alone, so I hope that having an online community and blog will help fill that "workout buddy" void of mine. I'm aiming to lose 120 lbs, so it's going to be quite a ride.

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Hey welcome believe me, I have been there. I have stop using the word diet and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. I have lost 50 pound over the last year and kept it off that is a milestone in itself for me. I normally gain it back. Now I am working on losing another 50 but I am not looking at the big number I am just taking it one day at a time and enjoying life. Don't give up the things you love just have them in moderation. Journaling everything you eat is a good thing also even on you cheat day if you have one of those. Just come in with a positive head and this will be a pcs of cake. I am here. I am always on the site via phone or computer so if you need someone to talk to or have a question or you feel like you are just having one of those day shoot me a email I will get back.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the support on MFP! It's awesome! Good luck on your journey I'm terrible with on and off! Working on adjusting to sticking with a lifestyle. Add me if you'd like!