What do you all do with your Christmas cards?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Just curious if you keep them or throw them out after Christmas? What do you all do with the stack?

I stack mine up in a rubbermaid tote and pack them away.
    I go through eras in my life... purge and retain.
    Been through a few good purge years. They all went in the garbage.
    Now I'm in a retain era. Put them all away to be looked upon years from now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,057 Member
    Options
    I keep them all. I'm glad I did because my little nephews, my father in law, and my sister in law all died within the past two years and it's nice to have what they have written and left for us. In a few days, it will have been 2 years since my 12 and 9 year old nephews left us and we have those homeade cards to read and remember them by. You never know.....I'm glad I have them.:heart:

:heart: (((((hugs)))))) :heart: I think you shared that website for the kids, no?

:blushing:
    How cool are you to remember that????:heart:

it is www.armsoflife.com. There you can see my nephews and what the community has done to make railroad crossings more safer.:flowerforyou: :heart:
    i just looked at the website awww they were so cute and that is so awsome that all that is goin on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to see them.:heart::heart: :heart:

It means the world to me to know you did that. May God bless you.
    They were such awesome kids.:heart:

Thank you.:flowerforyou:

So far, the community has raised enough money to upgrade 4 railroad cossings. We are working on 5.

Oh, I knew I shouldn't have looked at the website. I'm sitting here, crying and blubbering. Anytime anything happens to children that could have been prevented, I sob. Every child out there is my child, in my heart, and it hurts to know your nephews are gone.

Lauren, it is important that we see it, though, right? I want to send money.....and cry .....but mostly try to help if possible. (((laurenhugs)))
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Lauren and Cheryl.:heart:

No...no money needs to be sent. We raised enough to fix all the railroads. You two are too sweet.:heart::flowerforyou:

If I could ask, though, please pray for my sister and brother in law. This is a hard month for them. Jake and Travis were their only children. I can't even imagine.:brokenheart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    If I could ask, though, please pray for my sister and brother in law. This is a hard month for them. Jake and Travis were their only children. I can't even imagine.:brokenheart:

You got it. :brokenheart:
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I pack mine away with my christmas decorations and its fun to bring them out a year later and compare them. Teri
  • adamk0324
    Options
    i wil pray too.
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Thank you all.:heart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,057 Member
    Options

Prayers for the family...:heart:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    I keep them all. I'm glad I did because my little nephews, my father in law, and my sister in law all died within the past two years and it's nice to have what they have written and left for us. In a few days, it will have been 2 years since my 12 and 9 year old nephews left us and we have those homeade cards to read and remember them by. You never know.....I'm glad I have them.:heart:
    I lub ya soupy dupe:heart:

I'm constantly looking at the video you have of them on your myspace page:ohwell:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I keep the ones with photos on them - put them in the box I have other photos in. I throw away the rest (unless I were to have gotten a 'special' one from my boyfriend or something, I'd save that!)
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    I lub ya soupy dupe:heart:

I'm constantly looking at the video you have of them on your myspace page:ohwell:

Love you too JoJo!!!:heart::heart: :smooched:

I love that video. It's so hard to watch but it's nice to see their smiling faces again.

Uh...I just realized I sorta hijacked this thread.:embarassed: My apologies PhotographerOfNature.:flowerforyou:
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    You know Soupy, I don't think there could have been a better reason to hijack a thread than this. My heart and prayers go out to your sister and brother-in-law. That has to be the ultimate pain there is to go through. And I'm so sorry that anyone has to go through that. I haven't watched the video yet, but will be going to it next. I'm sitting at my office with 15 other desks around me, so i don't want to be blubbering but that is probably unavoidable. Love and prayers to you and your family!
    Photog
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh-- Soupy-- what beautiful boys. That pain is just so totally unimaginable for your sister and brother-in-law, but also you as their loving aunt. I've loved my nephews as my own from the day they were born, so my heart is just broken for you-- I just can't even get my mind around such a tragedy--