Thanksgiving day

Options
What will you be eating for your Thanksgiving meal?

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of veggies and turkey... there will be pies and breads but all in moderation! :):drinker:
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ANY and EVERYthing I want!! I'm running a 5k in the morning with about 27,000 other people in Sacramento, California and then I will celebrate with my beautiful family!! How 'bout YOU??
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Whatever vegetarian options my feast has to offer :D
    We've all worked so hard and deserve a night of worry-free eating. Just enjoy the company, enjoy the food, and get back on track the next day :D
  • bsgillkc
    bsgillkc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Probably most everything, I'll just try not to eat a ton of anything...and I'll probably run a little bit longer that day as well. :happy:
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, and a roll. I'm not a fan of most holiday foods, they're too heavy and make me go into a food coma if I eat too much. Probably some wine too... Will be with the in-laws, so definitely wine :drinker:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ~Stuffed Turkey Breasts - pounded thin, stuffing will be spinach, boursin/mozzarella cheese mix, broccoli, red onion, fresh garlic and herbs - will be rolled in a lightly seasoned panko-crumb.

~Fresh made gravy that will use fresh turkey stock, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, EVOO and cornstarch (I dont digest flour well)

~Deconstructed Spanakopita for an appetizer using artichoke bottoms that are filled with baby spinach, feta, lemon juice, garlic and herbs and a thinly sliced tomato on top - light Panko coating, then roasted in the oven.... very yummy

~Hubby will have his traditional garlic-butter mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing (pumperknickel/oatmeal bread with mirepoix, garlic and herbs) available to him.

~Vegetables are always fresh steamed carrots and green beans 'as-is' for me, steamed corn for him - I guess Ill share my green beans with him, lol!.

~Will make old fashioned biscuits for him because I know he loves to sop up the gravy with it....

~Dessert for him will be an Apple-Fig Tart-Fine (pronounced FEEN) because he gave me a blow-torch as a gift!!! I plan to use this for when Im cooking, and I definitely need it to make this dessert. Will have Vanilla Bean ice-cream available to go on top for him!

~Dessert for me will be 'pumpkin ice cream' made with my Designer Whey-100 Cal French Vanilla protein powder... Ill make up this smoothie ahead of time and freeze it...
  • sweetheart_wi
    sweetheart_wi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Turkey, We do a couliflower mash instead of potatoes, Salad & Veggies ...

Or just work out alot and eat in moderation
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Smoked turkey, veggie tray stuff, green bean casserole, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, and a little nibble of a variety of pies. Mostly going to just enjoy being with 25 family members!!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    everything in moderation
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Everything! and the pumpkin pie cheesecake from Hungry-girl. I'll probably make 3 of them.
    Except Turkey I don't really like it when I was little I use to eat it because i thought you had to because it was thanksgiving lol
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5K too! Holiday usuals Turkey, mashed potaoes, dressing, lots of veggies. All in moderation! And pumpkin pie,a small slice!
  • wadesha
    Options
    I'm running a 5K too! Holiday usuals Turkey, mashed potaoes, dressing, lots of veggies. All in moderation! And pumpkin pie,a small slice!
    Me too its my first one
  • clohessy
    Options
    Good luck!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ~Stuffed Turkey Breasts - pounded thin, stuffing will be spinach, boursin/mozzarella cheese mix, broccoli, red onion, fresh garlic and herbs - will be rolled in a lightly seasoned panko-crumb.

~Fresh made gravy that will use fresh turkey stock, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, EVOO and cornstarch (I dont digest flour well)

~Deconstructed Spanakopita for an appetizer using artichoke bottoms that are filled with baby spinach, feta, lemon juice, garlic and herbs and a thinly sliced tomato on top - light Panko coating, then roasted in the oven.... very yummy

~Hubby will have his traditional garlic-butter mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing (pumperknickel/oatmeal bread with mirepoix, garlic and herbs) available to him.

~Vegetables are always fresh steamed carrots and green beans 'as-is' for me, steamed corn for him - I guess Ill share my green beans with him, lol!.

~Will make old fashioned biscuits for him because I know he loves to sop up the gravy with it....

~Dessert for him will be an Apple-Fig Tart-Fine (pronounced FEEN) because he gave me a blow-torch as a gift!!! I plan to use this for when Im cooking, and I definitely need it to make this dessert. Will have Vanilla Bean ice-cream available to go on top for him!

~Dessert for me will be 'pumpkin ice cream' made with my Designer Whey-100 Cal French Vanilla protein powder... Ill make up this smoothie ahead of time and freeze it...

You are FABULOUS!! I especially love the smoothie/ice cream idea!!
  • wadesha
    Options
    Good luck!
  • JennaB86
    Options
    Moderation moderation moderation! Its all about portions! I will enjoy a small amount of dessert for sure!
  • clohessy
    Options
    What kinds of Desserts?
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    Whatever my wonderful grandma and great-aunt make!!!! I mean how many more years and I going to get to eat their wonderful cooking? Everything in moderation :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

You are FABULOUS!! I especially love the smoothie/ice cream idea!!

ROFLMAO!

I made a Pumpkin Smoothie one morning a few weeks back and it came out AWESOME! Unfortunately because of how uber thick it came out I filled up FAST, I decided to put the remainder in the freezer for later... Well, when I grabbed it, it had a great ice-cream-like texture, almost sherbet-y.... So, I thought how awesome that would be to turn it into my dessert for Thanksgiving!?

I cant digest alot of foods (most are in the baking side of my life) so if I want to feel like Im having a dessert, almost 100% modification has to be made... and this really did it for me!

Designer-Whey 100Cal French Vanilla protein shake mix
    Fresh puree of pumpkin
    cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to taste
    Silk Light Vanilla Soy milk
    Ice - and blend the hell out of it...

Back to the freezer for a frozen treat!~
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    All of it