MFP(1 year) + P90X(9 months) = -22lbs

Options
nikkishai
nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
One year ago, I decided to change my life, and I'm SO glad I did! Self determination, family, faith, MyFitnessPal.com, and 3 rounds of P90X got me here. It's SO scary looking back, but it definitely puts perspective on how far I've come. I'm about halfway to my goal, so by next Summer/Fall I'll have my "Bikini Nikki" body back! I'm too stubborn to give up now! I can definitely see and feel the muscle tone, but I still have some jiggle to get rid of.

On a side note, I expected to be "done" by now, so should I cool it on the P90X and focus on more cardio? My muscles are confused, but the thigh/belly fat sure isn't... sigh...

Height 5'2"

Starting Stats:
197 lbs
40" chest
34" waist
48" hips

Current Stats:
175 lbs
37" chest
30" waist
45" hips

Thanks for stopping by! God bless!

October 2010 - Present
halfway.jpg

Replies

• Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. I completed P90x and had great results as well :)
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! your hard work paid off you look great!
  • ktsurly
    Options
    You look great -- congratulations!
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    First off, you look fantastic and so so happy!

p90x is a fantastic program. I know cardio really help with legs/thighs/ hips/ and belly a LOT, especially running. Also look at what you're eating. Eating low calories/ but its mostly junk food/ and eating lower calorie with tons of frutis/veggies and lean protein, makes a big difference, good luck and keep it up!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    One year ago, I decided to change my life, and I'm SO glad I did! Self determination, family, faith, MyFitnessPal.com, and 3 rounds of P90X got me here. It's SO scary looking back, but it definitely puts perspective on how far I've come. I'm about halfway to my goal, so by next Summer/Fall I'll have my "Bikini Nikki" body back! I'm too stubborn to give up now! I can definitely see and feel the muscle tone, but I still have some jiggle to get rid of.

On a side note, I expected to be "done" by now, so should I cool it on the P90X and focus on more cardio? My muscles are confused, but the thigh/belly fat sure isn't... sigh...

Height 5'2"

Starting Stats:
    197 lbs
    40" chest
    34" waist
    48" hips

Current Stats:
    175 lbs
    37" chest
    30" waist
    45" hips

Thanks for stopping by! God bless!

October 2010 - Present
    halfway.jpg

im 5'2 and 175 i wish i had your body im so jealous... if i looked that good at 175 i would just stop lol omg you look amazing!!
  • Miss_ladyp
    Options
    I am encouraged. Great job!
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you look great! I would definitely recommend switiching up your workouts to see if your body responds to something new. Do you have access to group fitness classes (spinning, bootcamp, even step aerobics)? Could you try adding running a few days a week? If you've been successfully completing P90X workouts your fitness level has to be relatively high, so maybe you just need to think outside the box in terms of cardio. I would recommend a few days of running each week for a month or two, that usually slims down my thighs and stomach noticeably!

good luck you've done a wonderful job so far :)
  • blackbutterfly78
    blackbutterfly78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you look great...like a total different you..be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!