My beautiful pet cat died.

Options
teridene
teridene Posts: 71 Member
Well my beautiful pet, Pal, died yesterday. He was only 11 years old. I am just amazed at how much I have cried over Pal. He was just a fun, and nice cat. More like a little man that lived with us then a cat. He was so beautiful. Only an orange tabby but with really thick fur with lovely white stripes in circle pattern on his sides. I enjoyed just looking at him he was so pretty. And big! 19 lbs and not really fat. But I don't like skinny cats so he looked great to me. So anyway, I was just missing him. Teri

Replies

• teridene
    Options
    Well my beautiful pet, Pal, died yesterday. He was only 11 years old. I am just amazed at how much I have cried over Pal. He was just a fun, and nice cat. More like a little man that lived with us then a cat. He was so beautiful. Only an orange tabby but with really thick fur with lovely white stripes in circle pattern on his sides. I enjoyed just looking at him he was so pretty. And big! 19 lbs and not really fat. But I don't like skinny cats so he looked great to me. So anyway, I was just missing him. Teri
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    aww-- bless your heart-- so sorry to hear-- hang in there.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am so terribly sorry for your loss Teri. May God comfort you and may you relish the great times you had with Pal. All my love.:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear that. :heart:
    I have lost my three kitties this past year, and it was awful. They are our furry little friends, members of the family. Pal will always have a special place in your heart. It sounds like he was a very handsome little guy. :flowerforyou:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty Pal passing. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. They are members of the family! God bless you and comfort you. :flowerforyou:
    Bunny
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about you kitty Pal. :brokenheart:
    I had a kitty die last February and she wasn't even a year old yet. It's funny how they are just animals but we are so attached to them. I got thinking about Freckles the other day and it brought tears to my eyes. You say Pal was more like a little man. It's so true. Freckels was like a little child that followed me everywhere. We had a great connection.
    It is hard right now, but it will get better and eventually you will be able to open your heart up to another kitty. I have 2 now and they are amazing :heart: I am blessed to have them in my life. They bring much joy and laughter to all the crazy things they do around the house.
    Take care :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    POEM_Gate.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

i'm so sorry :( i just found out my dog has cancer. i've cried so much in the past week. it's amazing how much our furry little friends can mean to us
  • teridene
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind and loving comments. The "Rainbow bridge" post made me pour out tears! But nice to think about Pal being with us in heaven. I am so sorry to hear about the little dog with cancer and the loss of other kitties and loved pets. its hard. My 16 year old son cried so hard, so so hard and we were just talking the other day about how he never cries! We really loved our little cat. I did purchase a beautiful urn for him and when we get his ashes back I feel like it will be better when he is home with us and in his final resting spot. Thanks again.
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard when you loose a pet as they are like your children. The only difference between children and our pets is our pets love us no matter what. :smile:
  • bonski
    bonski Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel. I cried so much over my cat. I literally went into a period of mourning. It does get easier and someday you will be able to think about your little kitty and remember fondly without getting upset. It will just take time

SoupNazi: Thanks for posting Rainbow Bridge. When I lost my dear cat years ago a friend sent me that and it was really comforting.

Bonnie
  • Mswonderful4u
    Mswonderful4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :sad: I am so sorry to hear that your Pal died. I have three cats 8, 7 and 7 months old. I wouldn't know how to act with my older ones leaving me. I am so sorry.
  • myhoney
    Options
    sorry to hear about your loss, i too have lost 3 pets the last 3 years. take care.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    POEM_Gate.jpg

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...

OMG, you made me tear up terribly. I am soooo sad for you!!:cry: I have 2 cats and my best sweety Jada who is a beautiful, loyal, supportive, attentive (i could go on and on obviously), yellow lab. My mom and I just went to see Marley and Me, and I could not stop crying. I left the theatre a mess! I cried till I got home! Ikept thinking of the end of time for her and I. Thank you for that beautiful poem. I am dreading losing my bestfriend when that time comes, and teridene, I feel your pain, hopefully this poem is right...20.gif:heart: Take care Kathy
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind and loving comments. The "Rainbow bridge" post made me pour out tears! But nice to think about Pal being with us in heaven. I am so sorry to hear about the little dog with cancer and the loss of other kitties and loved pets. its hard. My 16 year old son cried so hard, so so hard and we were just talking the other day about how he never cries! We really loved our little cat. I did purchase a beautiful urn for him and when we get his ashes back I feel like it will be better when he is home with us and in his final resting spot. Thanks again.

i am so sorry for your tremendous loss. you are in my thoughts. my kitties will say a prayer for him. poor guy! i cant help but tear up myself.

if you are interested, there is a website for the rainbow bridge - not sure the name but you can google it - and it is quite helpful in times of loss. you can post your story and put up pics too. very nice.

take care. :flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that! Your heart must be broken. We form such a great bond with our pets, they are great companions. :( My heart goes out to you.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    POEM_Gate.jpg

Author unknown...
    This is so beautiful, each time I come across it ...it's always a comfort to read or share. So kind of you to post it for Teri ..Soup:heart::flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Warm hugs and healing thoughts sent your way Teri:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    POEM_Gate.jpg

Author unknown...

My rachy girl passed that bridge 2 years ago and I am sobbing like a baby. I know God is kind, so he will reunite us with our loved ones. I only pray there is a very LARGE yard because my family has and many a furry family member pass away!!

I pray you find peace in your soul knowing you gave your kitty baby a great 11 yrs here on Earth!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to lose a pet, they are part of the family. Some people dont understand that and I feel sorry for them...have you heard the story about the little farm boy who saw a calf die and called the radio station? Maybe some of you remember how it is called. It is on youtube. He says that he understands why animals don't live so long because they know that they fulfill their purpose of loving us in less time than a human being. The message is something like that but it is so true. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :flowerforyou: