Diet Aids?

Options
I was just curious to see if anyone is taking a diet aid in their weight loss efforts? Like slim quick or stackers? I know these items are no monitored by the FDA, like vitamins, and they should not be taken with out consulting a doctor first. I also know they have many "Filler" ingredients that can counter act birthcontrol and any other medications RX-ed by your doctor. I just wanted to know if anyway liked what they've tried. THanks

Replies

• Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was just curious to see if anyone is taking a diet aid in their weight loss efforts? Like slim quick or stackers? I know these items are no monitored by the FDA, like vitamins, and they should not be taken with out consulting a doctor first. I also know they have many "Filler" ingredients that can counter act birthcontrol and any other medications RX-ed by your doctor. I just wanted to know if anyway liked what they've tried. THanks
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    the only thing I think your making thinner is your wallet :frown: Eating healthy is a better way.:bigsmile: Also drinking your water:drinker: :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    for moment I taking slim quick and have lost some but I still watching my cals and adding exercise to that as well.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    A former GNC (General Nutrition Employee) myself, I'll tell you that if you don't have a good diet & exercise program that your consistent with, do not and I repeat do NOT waste your money on thermogenics (i.e. Fat burners, aka Hydroxycut, Stackers, etc) They do increase your metabolism. But nothing that a good morning breakfast wouldn't do and solid nutrition thorughout the day. Get your caffeine in before a workout if your lacking in the gym. I would suggest Jet-Fuel which Wal-mart sells for 2.97 for 200 caplets @ 200mg of caffeine.

Spend the cash on good wholesome food which your body will be begging for throughout the day.

Please note: I have used many thermogenics and have had great success with them. Why they worked? Because I had a great regiment of exercise & diet. Alone I could have lost weight, but with them I burned more calories throughout the day due to the process of thermogenesis.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    A former GNC (General Nutrition Employee) myself, I'll tell you that if you don't have a good diet & exercise program that your consistent with, do not and I repeat do NOT waste your money on thermogenics (i.e. Fat burners, aka Hydroxycut, Stackers, etc) They do increase your metabolism. But nothing that a good morning breakfast wouldn't do and solid nutrition thorughout the day. Get your caffeine in before a workout if your lacking in the gym. I would suggest Jet-Fuel which Wal-mart sells for 2.97 for 200 caplets @ 200mg of caffeine.

Spend the cash on good wholesome food which your body will be begging for throughout the day.

Please note: I have used many thermogenics and have had great success with them. Why they worked? Because I had a great regiment of exercise & diet. Alone I could have lost weight, but with them I burned more calories throughout the day due to the process of thermogenesis.

wow! so nice to hear it from someone who really knows. thanks! :drinker: i dont take any of those things but i cant help but wonder...thanks again!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    Lol Yeah- I hated selling them. I mean, I had this old lady who'd come in monthly to buy her protein shakes. She lost like 70+ lbs in the year & a half that I worked there. It was so great to see! People just increase their protein intake, 90% of the time that alone will catapult their weight loss. As I said before, they arn't a gimic and if used properly can be effective. However, everyone should just understand they arn't a magic pill.

Wholesome lean & balanced nutrition is the only way to go. Besides you make SO MUCH better gains because your actually giving your body a chance to work properly!!!