I Am Here For Now.

Options
Well I'm here for the food tracking system. Prior to joining I bounced from 330lbs to 315. With support from a weight loss doctor have brought that down to 300lbs. As we transition from monthly check-ins to quarterly, I needed a better tracking system.

I have used 3 different web based programs, The paper method, and a digital one I created, and this sites works best for me for now. The one I created actually was better for tracking everything my doctor wanted tracked, but with no remote access, it was too hard to keep up.

I have several mile stones to meet (in 10% increments, for the first while)
Lose 10% from my starting weight (about 280lbs).
Lose 10% more 280lbs down to 250lbs. (Lowest I ever reached).
Eventual goal 200lbs. Doc says that is reasonable. BMI's 130-170 is way too low for me.

I also want to get back to doing 20KM walks.

_____
Dream Shadows
(I have too much to do to visit the boards regularly)

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    this one is fun and easy to stick to. its exciting seeing the days in a row and watching your tracker move!! it holds you accountable for what you do and tells you straight up "you went over" . over time you figure out how to divide up cals and keep it all in line. avoid a lot of meat, sodas if u can ( i have trouble with it too) and canned foods. try veggies and beans nuts and lots of water. best of luck
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you would like some support, feel free to add me.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your progress so far. Tracking your calories and Exercise are 2 of the Main Keys to Success in my Opinion. Good Luck, and Keep On Keeping On.
  • angelbeville
    Options
    Hi dreamshadows! I too was under the care of diet doc, and panicked when he announced he was closing the clinic. We have gone from weekly meetings to monthly, and in six months it will be no more. I felt abandoned, angry, and afraid. When I found MFP, it was as if someone was throwing me a lifeline. This tool is wonderful. Just like you said - it's convenient. I have the Android app, so have no excuse not to log everything in on the go.

One thing I've learned in this whole experience is that the movivation has to come from within. My success or failure does not depend on that diet doctor, it depends upon ME. MFP is the tool to help me maintain control.

GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT!!!