NSV with my Children

Options
CChadd87
CChadd87 Posts: 14 Member
My 8 year old son made the comment the other day that he is happy that I am working out because it is making me happier and prettier.

My 3 year old likes to try and mimic me when I am doing my 30 Day Shred video (she tries to do the lunges and sit ups). She said she wants to be strong like Mommy.

And it made me realize that I am setting an example for them that it is a good thing to lead a health life. And a few months ago that is not something that I thought I could teach them.

Replies

• GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is so cute....and you know how honest little kids are? Be proud!
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That is an incredible NSV and a wonderful lesson you are teaching them!
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The simple honesty of children.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    AWWW! You made me tear up a little! haha My 4-year-old does the same thing. She says, "Mommy, I'm growing and you're shrinking!" Ain't it beautiful? :happy:
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    get em while they are young & they won't have the same battle as you! i noticed that too but mine are teens. especially on the food choices...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for you, my 16 year old looks at us with disgust, but maybe that's just him being 16.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!