I want to be a living example of healthy!

Options
Hello MFP friends! I joined a few weeks ago and then disappeared into the land of midterms. But I'm back and I'm motivated to make this work! I'm in my first year of a Maters degree to be a Family Nurse Practitioner. I've been a nurse for years, but nurses are notorious for unhealthy lifestyles (eating your way through night shift is common place and who has the energy to go t the gym after a 12 hour shift!). Throughout my 20's I have become more comfortable in my skin and haven't worried too much about my weight (which I consider a good thing!) but I recently realized that although my lifestyle hasn't changed, by weight has...since I passed age 25 I've managed to slowly but surely put on 30 lbs! Yikes.

And now that I'm going to be practicing as a primary care provider, there is so much focus on healthy lifestyles and choices- I want to be an example. How can I talk to my patients about weight management if I can't seem to control myself?! So here I am.

I don't want to be skinny. I don't ever expect to be able to jog in a bikini without some jiggle (as if I jog!). I'm not interested in ever giving up a food completely or super restrictive dieting. I just want to be healthy and active- and for me that looks like losing about 30 lbs to start.

I know that community support and accountability will make all the difference for me! So feel free to add me as a friend- I will be happy to return the encouragement!