• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    my all time favorit is the game of life
    still love it and not really a board game but connect four was awesome
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i like playing Settlers of Cataan and Puerto Rico now. my friends and i gamble on the results to make it a little more interesting.
    AH! YES!

I was hoping someone else here played REAL board games as an adult.
    My bf and I have over 100 games. I swear. I think he still keeps up with an account on BoardGameGeek.com, too. haha

I really wish we had more friends who would come over and play with us, but theyre more interested in bars

whats a couple of your favorites? we also started playing Agricola but 2 didnt care for it as much as Settlers and PR.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I adore Pandemic, Fluxx (card game, not board game...but still so fun), Apples to Apples is a good party game...
    The Game of Thrones card game...Dominion...Carcassonne
    Power Grid...Ticket To Ride...Robo Rally...

I found my old BoardGameGeek profile
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JoviAllTogetha

I havent updated it in FOREVER

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/EdwardTheFirst

My bfs profile is MUCH more precise about what we have and like
  • stampede55
    Options
    Anybody play axis and allies? I can't figure that game out to save my life.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Oh my god I HATE that game. HATE IT.

Me and the bf TRIED SO HARD to play, and finally ran into a problem the damn complicated long manual couldnt even answer.
    So we quit and never played again.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Anybody play axis and allies? I can't figure that game out to save my life.

this and Shogun were the games that my friends and i played about 10 years ago. love AandA. i could probably play that game with my eyes closed.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    wait you figured that game out??
    damn.
  • stampede55
    Options
    It has to be one of the most in depth games I've ever tried to play. Reading the manual just doesn't cut it. Def need someone there to explain it, at least I do.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    my all time favorit is the game of life
    still love it and not really a board game but connect four was awesome

I loved Life! I always wanted the pink car and lots of kids!
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Isn't the Life game where you put pegs in the back of your car and went over bridges?
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Guess Who, Life, and Monopoly :D
    I still play them today sometimes.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    It has to be one of the most in depth games I've ever tried to play. Reading the manual just doesn't cut it. Def need someone there to explain it, at least I do.
    yea I have one game where the manual literally needs a 3" binder and you have to 3 hole punch the pages yourself. Still havent played it
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    My sisters and I played tons of board games as kids. My fav was also guess Who, then as I got older Scrabble and Pictionary. We have hundreds of board games still and play them all the time. We get together about once a month with my sisters' families and still play boardgames.
  • stampede55
    Options
    I forgot about Pictionary! That game is great!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    wait you figured that game out??
    damn.

i learned to play about 20 years ago while i was in college. my mind was probably more open to learning then. :D
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Isn't the Life game where you put pegs in the back of your car and went over bridges?

That's it! You created a family, career, and went through "life". I loved that game.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Another fan of the game of life. And for the losers we would have "punishments" like eating a bunch of saltine crackers with no water or drinking concentrated lemon juice. Wild family.

Still love board games with the family. Last year we had an epic game of Monopoly. I won, of course :wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Growing up we used to play Monopoly. My mom always played with the thimble and she always cheated to get Park Place and Boardwalk. :tongue: