CLA supplements

Options
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experience using this supplement?

thanks,

Replies

• NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd say save your money. I didn't see any difference with it and I took it for 6-9 months stright, 3 times a day. I would however recommend fish oil. Wonderful stuff!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My friend bought it a couple of weeks ago, I'm too afraid to take any pills that aren't absolutely necessary. I'll ask her how she likes it and get back to you!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I took 6 g/day, following the dose of a study I read, for 6 weeks. I did lose weight and gained strength, but note, I was also disciplined in my training and caloric intake, so I'm not certain how much if any of it was due to the CLA.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    I took the GNC brand for a while, a good month and a half. Personally I didn't see much of a difference but my bf did start commenting my tummy was getting a lot tighter (he had no idea I was taking them)....it DID, however, make me break out on my face! Within the first week of taking them, I felt like I was 15 again....then my face cleared right up within a week of giving up on them
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Supposed to be good for you, but I noticed when I used CLA supps in the past, it messed my stomach up, in an ulcer sort of way. So I stopped using it. This was years ago when CLA was first on the scene and was the rage. I was using the EAS brand at that time.

Right now, I take New Chapter Every Man's Daily vitamin and New Chapter WholeMega Fish Oil, along with a 500mcg dose of Vitamin C. Not sure if that makes much of a difference, but those are the only supplements I take, other than a nice heaping spoonful of metamucil at night. :bigsmile: :drinker:

Interesting read:

http://nopain2.org/geekfit/2007/11/fish_oil_green_tea_cla_good_fa.html
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It's in my Omega oil tablet along with fish oil.
  • apbanana
    Options
    thank you for the helpful info...so far no crazy break out but I got a bottle thought I would at least finish it and then get some fish oil as many suggested :)