Help !! Snacks...

Options
Today is a rough day.

I'm at work. Had lunch. But IDK why ......... ALL I wanna do today is SNACK. I haven't given in. I keep downing the water. But I'm like daydreaming about M&Ms and Gummi Bears. LOL. Ridiculous I know... but do you have days like that? Where u just "need" to continually shove something in your mouth?

I need to stay AWAY from that Vending machine and the chips/candy inside it !!

What are your "go-to" snacks when you want something salty, or something sweet. i DO love vegetables... but I just cant snack on carrots/celery/apples every day. I need more variety ...... without too many more calories.

Replies

• holzjw1482
    holzjw1482 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I know alot of nutritionists actually encourage snacking during the day. They like to see 3 meals and 3 light snacks mixed. If you can find a snack that you like around 100 calories with some protein included that can help with the cravings.
  • tonialeem
    Options
    Whole Wheat melba toast and hummus, or laughing cow light cheese wedges......I would side it with some cucumber slices but if you're tired of the veggies then skip it.

snacks are so important but also very tough to find somethign to satisfy the reg snack choices.

light pop corn is an option, might fill that salt craving and because it'll take you time to eat that might help fight it off.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ugh, i know. I'm having the exact same day.
  • Yorkshirelass2
    Options
    I am craving skittles lol .. something like that. or Salt an vinegar crisps. I had a coffee instead i guess water shoulda bin what i drank lol
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Clementines for something sweet
    Pistachios for something salty
    Cheese sticks cuz I love cheese........
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 94% fat free!

http://www.orville.com/our-popcorn/microwave-popcorn-smartpop.jsp

I love this snack.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat a bag of low fat popcorn everyday.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I love the cinnamon struesel mini ricecakes when I want something sweet. 90 calories!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    10 almonds
    2 ryvita slices with cottage cheese or laughing cow cheese wedges
    Carrot sticks and cottage cheese
    Low fat yoghurt and some frozen blueberries
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I eat low calorie meals and snack often. It works better for me because I don't ever feel hungry, yet not able to eat. I don't feel like I am really restricting myself too much. My snacks tend to include, granola bar, light string cheese, nuts, an apple or other fruit and greek yogurt.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Extra dessert delights gum and sugar-free spiced cider have been my go to craving fighters this fall.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    chipinsssss and guacamole :) jif to go but thats high calorie lol bananas nutella to go :) grapes and pineapple
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Lately I've been into Pop Secret 100-calorie Kettle Corn...salty and sweet...and there's a TON of popcorn in that 100-calorie bag! DELICIOUS.
  • adezeray
    adezeray Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love laughing cow wedges and kelloggs crackers as my snack
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Yogurt is a great one for me... just plain greek (more protein) with a bit of honey added. Lately, I usually add all bran buds as well
    Granola Bar
    Baked Pitas with Salsa
    Butterless popcorn
    wheat crackers with light laughing cow cheese triangle
    apple dipped in peanut butter
    banana dipped in nutella
    Tea with a bit of milk & sugar (or try some flavoured teas?)
    Dried Fruit
    Trail Mix
    Nuts
    Deviled Eggs & Melba Toast
    Flavoured Gum
    2 Jolly Rancher candies (take a long time to finish, and have BOLD flavours)
    popsicles/fudge bars (usually under 50 calories each)
    halloween sized treats
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    dry cereal is always good too! :)
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you guys are giving great suggestions. Thank you :) Im taking notes for my next grocery trip! :)
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my regular snacks:
    For salty cravings: a mini bag of popcorn, a handful of peanuts
    For sweet cravings: fruit (esp. apple or pineapple), raisins, gum, low-fat Jello pudding cup
    Other: rye crisps with peanut butter and raisins, granola bars, trail mix, carrots, cheese sticks

Edit: I quit bringing apple slices with peanut butter to work as a snack because I would end up using the apple slices as a scoop to just eat lots of peanut butter (yum! but not healthy).
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am having a very simular day. Ever since the time change my tummy seems to want to eat on the new clock and the old clock so to speak. lol I have been making healthy choices but I am having a super hard time to stay away from the nuts and NO its not that I am wanting salt because all my nuts are unsalted. I just keep thinking of food. Hang in there, we can do it!