Do you feel this way too?

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
Every day I read post after post and I see the same topics pop up. The same people reply and give the same advice (not advise), yet nobody bothers to use the search feature. Some people genuinely don't know and at least make an attempt to objectively learn something new. Others, it appears as they come here seeking validation for their excuses as to why they're overweight.

I'll be the first to admit that it's a frightening thought to think that I should eat MORE in order to lose (not loose) weight. I've been big my whole life. I'm still big and I still carry excess fat on my body. Realize the length of time it took for you to become the way you are and there's no reversal process that's easy, fast or fun. There isn't one 30DS, abs diet, paleo, detox, clense, "starve yourself into Auschwitz" diet diet out there that's going to provide you a shortcut to your own ideal mental image of what you want to look like. Education, awareness, dedication/determination and persistence will lead you to success.

A protein shake isn't a snack that's free of calories because it's a protein shake and my Herbalife coach said so.

Thank you to those of you who are willing to open your minds and get past your own mental blocks. If you're one of those people, add me as a friend.

Excuse me while I go eat a Snickers Ice Cream Bar.

Replies

• Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • abrantner
    Options
    Half the battle is mental.. we justify this or that to ourselves.. We ask a zillion people the same question until we get the answer WE want to hear. .. I think it's time to take charge and responsibility for our own PERSONAL journey. That's not to say others can't be cheerleaders along the way. But each person.. must take responsibility for their own actions and to do that means having to face the past actions that got us into this mess in the first place.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight! I totally agree!
  • JOANIE69
    JOANIE69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    im having a terrys orange dont like snickers
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Agreed - Thank you!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    What exactly is your point?
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I love it!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Some days I get really peeved because people ask the same thing over and over - and I go(mostly in my mind) "use the frigging search button" or google!! That is what I do when I want information....

But then I realize that this is a forum - where most people actually need / want some sort of " human interaction", and they don't just want to read "old" discussions - and then I try and cut them ( the newbies especially) some slack....

In the end of the day each of us have the choice to ignore the forums if we don't want to see the same question a million times....
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So, what are your thoughts on HCG?

(Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.) :wink:
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I took away from this:
    There is no easy fix, it takes hardwork and dedication to get to the point where you want to be on your personal journey.

Its not a race to see how quickly you can lose the weight - it is a journey of self-discover as to WHY you gained the weight in the 1st place.

Just my opinion
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well everybody is here for a learning experience on their way to health and fitness, but what they choose to take away from it is completely up to them.

No one person has the 100% right answer. . And different things work for different people. . So I personally think unless you know someone really well you have no place to be judgemental.. .

Advise should be given in kindness and only when someone asks for it. . being pushy is a turn off. Just my thoughts.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated at times with the same thing coming up over and over again (I have been here for a year) but then I realize it is new for those people posting it at that time. I take long breaks from the message boards for that reason though.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

The point is that he's awesome and everyone else is pretty much awful. Duh.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options

The point is that he's awesome and everyone else is pretty much awful. Duh.

And that he spells correclty!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Thing is, a large number of people here found this site through an app on their phone.

I joined in 2007, before there was an app for the phone.

Phone users will ask first, they know someone will answer them, and it's too time consuming to search on a phone.

Live with it or don't.......stress is all perception.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Now I want a Snickers ice cream bar :devil:
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The only word I remember from this post was "snickers"...lol :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Haha. If you've never had one, they're fabulous!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    The only word I remember from this post was "snickers"...lol :)

Lmao, that's the only thing that caught my attention. The other "information" was pointless and only tells me that someone needs a hug.