I NEED A DRINK!!!

Options
:drinker: i like to have a drink sometimes but i refuse to ruin my diet for a drink.... can you have any drinks at all ive been trying to reserch it but cant find what im looking for:drinker:

Replies

• jmagnesi
    Options
    :drinker: i like to have a drink sometimes but i refuse to ruin my diet for a drink.... can you have any drinks at all ive been trying to reserch it but cant find what im looking for:drinker:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    Drinks contain calories. Some more than others, just like any other food. If you have a drink, you need to cut back somewhere else.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    A small glass of wine doesn't have that many cals! Thats what I have when I'm in the mood for a drink!
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    Just build it into your day. I like red wine or Southern Comfort and Diet Coke. Just look it up first - you might be surprised at the calories. Only you can decide if the calories are worth it for you.

For me, I have only one or two drinks a night because after that, I start to lose control of what I'm eating. You know, that time of night where only the greasiest fast food will do? :happy:
  • iTim__
    Options
    Just build it into your day. ... Only you can decide if the calories are worth it for you.

Amen!
  • Mrs_Ford
    Mrs_Ford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A small glass of wine doesn't have that many cals! Thats what I have when I'm in the mood for a drink!

That's true! And it's heart healthy so it's justified! :drinker:
  • iTim__
    Options
    Not that I recommend it, but ...

When I was in Mexico, I skipped meals and increased exercise to compensate for a few beers and/or tequila. The thing about that though... you don't need to drink as much when you haven't eaten much.

:drinker:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options

When I was in Mexico, I skipped meals and increased exercise to compensate for a few beers and/or tequila. The thing about that though... you don't need to drink as much when you haven't eaten much.

Thats what I do too...the only problem is exercising with a hangover! :bigsmile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wine is my drink of choice, Rum and diet is good too, and I think it's only like 60 or 70 cals
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Tee hee, I'm doin' a little of that for the SuperBowl party I'm going to today! I built a couple of beers into my calorie count.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wine and light beer are the lowest. MGD has one that is 64 calories only and it tastes good. My next choice would be rum and diet coke or diet sprite. I try to limit my alcohol drinking as much as possible maybe one or two a week if any. I also try to work it in within my caloric limit. And of course once in a while I like a margarita, pina colada, etc...remember you want moderation not deprivation. :flowerforyou:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I drink Mike's Hard Lemonade Light, sometimes..usually in the summer, though. It is sweetened with splenda.
  • headwaiter
    headwaiter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hard liquor has no carbs and as long as you are only good to have one or two, you should be okay. White wine has less carbs than red. If you are going to drink beer, drink something like Michelob Ultra or Miller Lite as they are among the lowest carb beers out there. For me, when I want that one drink to relax, I get a really nice Tequila Anejo on the rocks and it pretty much does the trick
  • samisampson
    Options
    I enjoy cosmos, vodka, (little calories), use diet cranberry ocean spray, a dash of diet sprite, hint of tripple sec.....Delicious, not so nutritous but it's a great substitute for a carb filled beer,
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060712093047AAAFOtT

Here is a listing of cocktails and their calorie counts.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I usually drink vodka & club soda. I can't remember off the top of my head the calorie count, but its fairly low. A lot of the time the mix is what gets you (though alcohol is pretty high itself).
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you like lemon stuff Oprah's Lemon drop Martini's are excellent!!

Juice 3 lemons
    add 2 mint leaves
    add 2 tbsp sugar (I used Spleda)
    add 2 shots of Vodka
    shake with ice and pour into a sugar rimmed glass (skipped the sugar rimming)

Yummy!!! and the calories aren't that bad either if you don't use sugar. If you tolerate Splenda!