Raspberry Protein Shake

Options
Brenda_1965
Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
I have gotten tired of spending so much money on the Special K protein mix packets that you put in your water, so today I decided to try to make it on my own. I used an individual sugar-free flavor packet, mixed in 1 scoop of vanilla soy protein powder, and shook it up with some water. I think it tastes even better than the Special K. I can get a huge canister of vanilla soy for about $9.oo and the Protein Special K drinks are about $12.00 for only 12 drinks!

Then I decided to throw in some ice and add it all to the blender. It's awesome. Now I can't wait to try other flavors!

Special K claims that their product takes the edge off of hunger. Wouldn't a protein shake do the same? I also remember 20 years ago, when protein powder first came out, it was sold as a Diet Shake. Does anyone remember what the company was called who sold it? Was it Cambridge or something like that?

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have gotten tired of spending so much money on the Special K protein mix packets that you put in your water, so today I decided to try to make it on my own. I used an individual sugar-free flavor packet, mixed in 1 scoop of vanilla soy protein powder, and shook it up with some water. I think it tastes even better than the Special K. I can get a huge canister of vanilla soy for about $9.oo and the Protein Special K drinks are about $12.00 for only 12 drinks!

Then I decided to throw in some ice and add it all to the blender. It's awesome. Now I can't wait to try other flavors!

Special K claims that their product takes the edge off of hunger. Wouldn't a protein shake do the same? I also remember 20 years ago, when protein powder first came out, it was sold as a Diet Shake. Does anyone remember what the company was called who sold it? Was it Cambridge or something like that?
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Im having one right now!