WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Options
2»

Replies

• prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I would love to join this group!! I don't want to say my weight, however, I would like to be 15 lbs lighter by then!!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you in this challenge, I'm 198 at the moment hoping to be at 165 or lower by the end of March. Would love the help and motivation along the way. I need to get healthy to be around for my family.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Count me in! I am currently 153.2-my goal is 132 realisticly though I would LOVE to get to 128, but or the March deadline I will say 135!

CW-153.2
    GW-135

Just had my second child and am much healthier and more fit than i was after my 1st!

My name is Nicole.
  • prettyprpro
    prettyprpro Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey Gossip Girl. I don't know if you know this but there is a group feature of MFP now. Why not make this challenge as a group so we are able to easily to connect with one another? Just a suggestion! :happy:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Gossipgirl, I don't know if you've reached your 20-person cut-off yet, but if not, I'd love to join you. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Just started back to MFP after a depressing weight gain during a recent vacation. I'm 56-years old, work full-time, and am trying to figure out how to exercise with a broken ankle. My daughter is graduating with a degree in dietetics and nutrition the end of April 2012, and I WILL reach my goal weight before then. Would love to have daily contact and support with a small group of similar travelers.
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

Thank you for all of your posts and interest in the challenge! If you have posted on this forum as of right now, then you are in the group! I will make an official list of everyone and will also make an attempt to create a MyFitness Group for us. I will be in touch and remember that the first official weigh-in is Friday, November 11th. That will be the starting weight for this challenge (but make sure to eat healthy from now until Friday too, lol!).
  • lmc8009
    lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    If there's still room in your group, I'd like to join in! I am 31 and currently about 220lb. I'd like to be 150 as an end goal and hope to be 195 by March 1st. My name is Lisa and I'm looking forward to getting to know some other MFP users!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested as well...I will PM you!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I need a new challenge, as I'm back on MFP after an extended absence. If there's still room, I'd like to join!
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Okay, so everyone up to accountant_boi is in the challenge! This makes 28 of us total, and I have to cut us off there. Also, I have invited everyone to join the Winter Weight Loss "group"! This should make it easy for us to communicate with each other and keep all of our forums in one spot! I will also put the link to our Google Doc on the group page so you can track your (and everyone's) weight loss progress.

AND, I am trying to add everyone as a friend, but the process is slow since you can only add like 5 every 10 minutes or something bizarre. So feel free to add me!

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If anyone backs out I would love to join!
  • ncmizzy
    Options
    Hello, this is a good idea since the winter is very hard to keep going, I for one am always looking for that comfort food, so this will help. :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Today I did Ripped in 30 Week 3, Day 2 and 35 minutes on the elliptical...541 calories

Tonight's dinner was chicken picatta...might have a glass of wine this evening...maybe 2 :bigsmile:
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in if we haven't reached the maximum capacity! As I get closer to my goal I've been letting myself slack on exercise by telling myself "I've earned the break." In reality I've earned the right to exercise and give myself a healthier body! Plus I'm one of those who has to exercise in the am due to schedules and at the same time loves her snooze button and heated mattress pad in the winter. :) Definitly look forward to working toward our goals together and to being at my goal weight by March 2!
  • 0syris
    0syris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to still be in if there's room! I'm starting to struggle a bit as the newness of working out/starting to eat right is starting to wear off (I'm a little over a month in and now the monotonous aspects of counting calories is starting to set in.)

Current weight: 163
    Goal weight: 135
  • nonabella
    Options
    sounds good** i would like to join,( need all the help i can get ) thanks nona
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey everyone! This is a reminder that our first weigh in is tomorrow - Friday, November 11th! If everyone will please submit their weight in the forum on our group site, that would be great.

This is our first step towards our March 1st goals. Think of this as a fresh start. The purpose of this group is to eat healthy and exercise regularly throughout the cold (and tempting!) holiday season. It is much easier not to work out when its cold outside, and it is much easier to indulge when there are holiday treats laying around, BUT, we can work to motivate each other and I think we will do great! So I look forward to hearing from you all tomorrow! Good luck!

(Also, to everyone trying to get into the group, we are at full capacity right now. I'll let you know if any people drop out - thanks and good luck to you too!)