Who is doing what?!

Hi there, just thought I would check out who is doing what to get healthy out there.
Personally I am doing the Eat Clean Diet - in which I don't like to think of as a diet but more of a change of lifestyle.
So I am only eating clean, natural, unprocessed foods... lots and lots of water and nothing after 7pm.
Six small meals a day which include protein and good carbs...
I can be a bit lazy so I have been substituting lunch and/or breakfast with a protein bar (Myoplex Lite - sooo good!)
In total I'm down 5 pounds and feel great so far - not nearly as bloated as I used to be!
One of my good gf's did this and has lost a good 30 pounds and says she has never felt better!
I just purchased the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook as well and there are TONS of great receips in there!
So what else is working for people??

Replies

• Hi there, just thought I would check out who is doing what to get healthy out there.
    Personally I am doing the Eat Clean Diet - in which I don't like to think of as a diet but more of a change of lifestyle.
    So I am only eating clean, natural, unprocessed foods... lots and lots of water and nothing after 7pm.
    I can be a bit lazy so I have been substituting lunch and/or breakfast with a protein bar (Myoplex Lite - sooo good!)
    In total I'm down 5 pounds and feel great so far - not nearly as bloated as I used to be!
    One of my good gf's did this and has lost a good 30 pounds and says she has never felt better!
    I just purchased the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook as well and there are TONS of great receips in there!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Good to know good luck.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    I have never heard of that. gonna go google it and see if its something I can do. I try to eat as clean as possible, something along the lines of a weight trainer but not as much. no empty calories is my goal. thanks for the input.
  • Just eating right, and if a food isnt good for me i dont eat it. I also am running daily. cutting back on portion size.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I guess I eat clean, too. Nothing out of a package, unless it is indulgence day. Which I will now call "dirty day". I eat one small bag of chips per week. I do still drink coffee, which is probably super dirty. but, I've cut down from several pots a day to several cups. (Yeah, I said it.)

Also, for me mindful eating is a big thing for me. I spend time with my food, really tasting it and experiencing it. I know that sounds weird, but I used to be a binger.

I also aim for about 75% raw food.

:flowerforyou:
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    eat what my wife makes, and don't complain, I cannot cook, I do the stuff she does'nt like to do. Well really I just do as I am told....:wink:
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Hi there, just thought I would check out who is doing what to get healthy out there.

I too enjoy a good protein bar or shake (or two) they really help me stay on track by fueling my body with the protein I need (plus vitamins)! I like to add a couple of ice cubes in the blender and it tastes like a chocolate shake!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I'm watching what I eat and trying to stay away from sugar and exercising. I've dropped 11 pounds so far.

Aren't protein bars packaged and processed? How does that fit into the Eating Clean?
  • jokerrn
    jokerrn Posts: 51
    1) No fast food...no fast food...no fast food.

2) Cut calories from about 4000 to about 1800

3) Gym time 5 days/week...thank god for the workout partner. Mutual accountability is a wonderful thing.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    eat what my wife makes, and don't complain, I cannot cook, I do the stuff she does'nt like to do. Well really I just do as I am told....:wink:

good man! :laugh:

No fast food, no meal replacements, no pills just good fresh real food and exercise and lots of water, tried and true method and I am learning how I need to eat for life not just to loose the weight.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Watching calories. Eating 'clean'. No frozen meals, no junk, no fast food.
    Cardio 5-6 days a week for at least 30 minutes each.
    Weights 3 days a week for 45-60 minutes.
  • eat what my wife makes, and don't complain, I cannot cook, I do the stuff she does'nt like to do. Well really I just do as I am told....:wink:

Oh, you made me laugh!!!!
    and Viviakay, "dirty day", what a great sense of humour!!!

Oh yeah, I am on "clean" food also and the gym 4 or 5 times per week
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I am eating lots more veggies and white meat also my tofu shirataki noodles once a day. I cook with pam spray instead of butter or oil. I have found lots of fat free low cal sauces/dressings that - spice up my food with. I have cut out most bad carbs and eat whole wheat insteadI always have drank soda but have cut back and only drink diet. - bought a mini stepper and have been trying to find time for that. 2 babies plus neighbors downstairs make my time on it limited. Clean eating sounds interesting but I don't think it would be something I could stick to. To each is own though. Good luck
  • lotusfromthemud
    Aren't protein bars packaged and processed? How does that fit into the Eating Clean?
    [/quote]That's a quote from another post, but it won't show up in the cute little blue box. . . .

Hey, in all fairness. . . I've wondered this myself. How do they fit in? From a non-judgy, but curious place?

I do have "bars" ocassionally, but they are raw food snack bars, with about five ingredients, all of which I can pronounce and recognize.
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Yes, they are packaged and you have to be careful, I make my own, I can give you the recipe if you'd like. Basic ingredients are oats, peanut butter and protein powder. All natural and very yummy!:drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    I think I used to make the same bars, but I am gluten-free now, and can't have the oats. Sigh.

But thanks for the offer. Maybe post it anyway? I'm sure someone else would love it.

I'll have to stick to shakes. (protein shakes, that is) :drinker:
  • For sure they are packaged and processed... as I said when I'm lazy... thats what I'll have, that and I'm human, I believe a little sugar can't be that bad for you and I don't agree with totally cutting out foods and whatnot. So thats where I am at, aside from the sugar they are packed with good carbs and tons of vitamins - and it kind of keeps me sane, knowing I can still eat some chocolatey goodness.