eating habbit

Options
I cant stop snacking especially at night, i tried snacking healthy and chewing gum, I dont know what to do, I sometimes work till 930 and come home and I start with an apple, then maybe veggie straws, then move onto chips and whatever else i can find, what can i do to stop this nast habbit, I know hobbies work and keeping yourself busy, but who wants to start doing something at 930 pm, and way to early for me to sleep HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump for later. My weakness comes at night also. I so get the munchies at night. I work till 10-1030.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Try hot tea, it works really well for me. I have the same problem you do. It doesn't seem to matter what kind although that late you will probably what something without the caffeine, I like camomile or decaf green tea the best.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Tricks:

1. Get a small nighttime hobby that keeps your hands busy.
    2. Switch to decaff tea at night you get a little sweetness and a nice bedtime routine.
    3. What are you doing to relax during your 'downtime'?
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? try eating a sit down meal, you will be more stasfied. It is very hard to overcome but recently I noticed I don't do it anymore so there is hipe. Mind over matter, you have to make the decision to stop it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Plan it out so you have lots of calories left over at 9:30 or 10pm. Then enjoy some food that gets you to your calorie and macro goal for the day.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Can you leave enough calories so that you can have something to eat when you get home?
  • EllaA26
    Options
    I brush my teeth and use Listerine in the evening. That totally kills any desire to snack for me! Who wants to eat toothpaste-flavored snacks? :happy:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I used to work the later hours too, and part of the reason for munching when I got home was because I was trying to use food to relax myself. Unwind from my day. So different than when I got off at 5-6pm. How about taking a nice long bath or shower, then settling in with a movie (depending on what time you go to bed) or get involved with a great book?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    About night eating. It seems to be a lot of people's problem.
    I just don't buy any food that is not healthy, that way when you go to the cupboard you can't be too bad.
    I swapped chips for almonds, chocolate for 1 square of 85% dark chocolate, then not every night.
    some herbal teas smell sweet and may give your senses what they are looking for. I find I'm just picking and not actually hungry, (tummy rumbling etc). It's just habit.
    Doing something away from the kitchen helps too.
    Good luck.
  • chooselifegail1
    Options
    I find when my protein intake is higher I do not do this so bad. And sometimes snack on deli meat with a pickle wrapped around it and that is satisfying. I also sometimes like a sugar free Popsicle if I am craving something sweet. I love the ones by philly swirl that are only 14 calories a bar because they are made with splenda. ! I also like international house caffeene free and sugar free pumpkin latta to drink this time of year it is 30 cal in 1 1/3 T but it is hard to find I found it at target last time. thanks everyone for the input on this topic it is very helpful