I wish I liked chicken

Options
annoz
annoz Posts: 68 Member
My main forms of protein seem to be greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, bean, peanut butter. The only meat I really like is hamburger; not crazy about steak or chicken and I won't eat seafood. Anyone else who doesn't eat much animal protein find it harder to lose weight bc the protein sources you do eat (ie beans etc) are carb heavy?

Replies

• MelissaSue612
    MelissaSue612 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you like turkey? We've loved using ground turkey breast in things like spaghetti and tacos. With the sauces and seasonings, you can tell a difference, but it's so minimal that it's not a big deal at all.
  • Mingyming
    Options
    I am a vegie(vegitarian) and I have been one for a couple of years and lost 20 pounds. It is actually the other way around, it is about your portion sizes. If you eat beans, which is fantastic, do it in the right order or size.
  • deblc6836
    Options
    I don't like seafood either, hate beans, and don't eat much red meat. Chicken does get pretty boring. Have you tried pork tenderloin? Nearly as lean as chicken breast, and sooooo tasty! I cut mine into medallions, coat them in a marinade of 2 TBSP olive oil, zest of one lemon, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 pepper, and cook on the stovetop. After cooking the meat, I saute some vegetables in the same pan (bell peppers, haricots verts, whatver you like). Really delicious. I also make smoothies and add whey protein powder to them when I need to get some extra protein in my diet.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I've got a few vegan friends who are doing just fine. Maybe find a vegan/veg thread/group.
  • annoz
    Options
    I don't eat pork or turkey either. Thanks for the responses!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much red meat either and I don't like fish. Chicken if one of the few I eat. Is it a texture thing with you or taste? The reason I don't like seafood is mainly texture. Me and my boyfriend always go to this japanese steak house and the dinner always comes with 3 shrimp. The shrimp's flavor is excellent, but I can't get around the texture so my boyfriend ends up eating them
  • annoz
    Options
    It's not a taste or texture thing. More a mental thing. makes no sense that I can eat a hamburger no problem, but gag at a chicken breast.