No, I am not pregnant!!!!

Options
8 months ago I gave birth to my son via c-section, he was my second c-section after having my first son 7 years ago.

Before I got pg with my 7 year old I weighed 145lbs and weighed 201lbs when I had him. Yeah - I went way overboard "eating for two". I eventually got down to 163 - but never got back to the 145 I would love to be at.

About 2 years ago I had some stuff going on and I turned to alcohol and food - ending up gaining 20lbs in about 2 months. So I was up to 183lbs and then I found out I was pregnant.

I ate well during my pregnancy and I only gained 20lbs, I was 203 when I gave birth. That was 8 months ago and now I am down to 173. I lost all my pregnancy weight and a little more, but I am still no where near where I would like to be.

But that is not my reason for posting this - I got asked the other day when I was due!? Are you freaking kidding me?! Now, I know my stomach is not flat but dang, to be mistaken for being pregnant was super depressing!!!!!!!!

I know what I look like naked and yes, my stomach sticks out further than my boobs do and I am super depressed about it. I have been running my butt off and trying to stick to a healthy lifestyle but it seems like my stomach is getting bigger! Is that possible?!?!

How can I get rid of this belly so people won't ask me if I am pregnant?! How can I get rid of this belly so it doesn't stick out further than my bubbies?!?!

Any advice would be great!! :-)

Replies

• Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio!

This.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    so is this a gripe or a cry for help!?
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    People that ask that should be shot. Period. I cannot believe the audacity of those people. Or the people that grab your belly...

There are some studies that say staying away from processed foods, cardio and clean eating all help towards bringing down the belly.
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I find that running plus a lowish carb diet (I don't gorge on bacon or skip on veggies, but I do avoid all pastas, breads, sweets, potatoes, etc.) helps my stomach shrink at a much better rate than a low fat diet does.
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what I wear... have you tried changing up your wardrobe since you've lost weight? The tummy weight will come off...just be patient and keep doing what you are doing. My final 10 pounds that I have to lose all seems to be in my tummy at the moment as well- it is so stubborn!
  • Esmo23
    Esmo23 Posts: 32
    Options
    My friend has had 3 people ask her when she is due in the last week - and she's not pregnant either! But her tummy is baby weight as well. I feel your pain. Keep up the good work - keep eating healthy, cardio and crunches! You'll be right :D
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    yup. that.

just sayin, some people are insensitive.

in one week, i had someone poke my tummy and ask when I was due, because I was wearing a baby doll style top. same week, another person asked if the person with me was my daughter. it was my sister in law. only 2 years younger than me!!!!!! pissed me right off.

being heavy, adds years, and adds pregnancy apparently. use it as a fire under your butt to motivate more change. good luck!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Cardio,cardio and more cardio. I always thought that I could never do this either,but I did. I did cardio every day (5-6 days a wk.) also i think the Jillian michaels 30 day shred is GREAT. Also you need to be very faithfull and not go over your calories. Good Luck, I know it is not easy but I am cofident that you can do this.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    People should never ask a woman if she's pregnant if they're not sure! I had been sick and actually underweight and when I gained about 25 lbs, TWO people asked me if I was pregnant...at 130lbs. So no matter what your size, people ask. And I loved
    to watch them stutter and back-peddle when I said "No, just getting fat." Just a rude question. Of course that made me feel bad
    and I got rid of all empire style shirts and got motivated to lose a few lbs.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I still looked pregnant for about 4 months after I had my son... the fact I was still wearing maternity clothes DID NOT help. They accentuate the "bump" which is cute when you are 20 weeks and trying to get people to notice but not so cute when you are 3 months post partum if you catch my drift. It will come off. Just work hard and stick with it :)

My son is going on 5 1/2 months and my stomach still has that "pregnanty" look. I still even have my linea negra or whatever it's called. I think our bodies just need at least 9 months to get back to normal from all the crazy hormones and everything else.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I loved your post! I have the same exact problem but I look about 8 months pregnant with twins!!
    I have been very careful with my diet and I have been doing Turbo Jam for about a week and a half. I know in my head that it is too soon to see a difference but I swear I do. I am also a diabetic so you really need to watch that as the belly fat puts you at a higher risk for diabetes as well as other problems.
    Good luck to you and I agree with the others...cardio.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain..just the other day a woman mistakenly thought I was her "pregnant" acquaintance she had invited to church.. I know I am very bloated because of too much sodium latetly and AF but sheesh!! I was super depressed the whole next day...
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing, and give it time it will happen. :smile:
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    so is this a gripe or a cry for help!?

A little bit of both! Hopefully I am not the only woman who has had this happen or have this problem. Any advice would be great too!!!
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    People that ask that should be shot. Period. I cannot believe the audacity of those people. Or the people that grab your belly...

There are some studies that say staying away from processed foods, cardio and clean eating all help towards bringing down the belly.

Thank you! I am trying to stay away from processed foods - they are just so darn convenient sometimes!
  • tonjadickey
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to get rid of it but I can simply let you know you are not alone. I have been asked this question too and it is absolutely deflating! Especially, when you are working on it. I was so angry with that person for being so rude and inconsiderate...if you are not 100% you should certainly keep your mouth closed! I have always heard that cardio works and, from personal experience reducing dairy and carbs has helped me in the past. Hang in there and good luck!
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    I find that running plus a lowish carb diet (I don't gorge on bacon or skip on veggies, but I do avoid all pastas, breads, sweets, potatoes, etc.) helps my stomach shrink at a much better rate than a low fat diet does.

I will try that - I do love my carbs, pasta especially!!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I actually had the same thing asked of me. I was mortified. But to answer your question, cardio is the best burn. My boobies are finally out further than my tummy, but not by much. That wretched belly fat is the first to come and the last to leave. Good luck you you in your journey.
  • lvnspoonful
    Options
    I still looked pregnant for about 4 months after I had my son... the fact I was still wearing maternity clothes DID NOT help. They accentuate the "bump" which is cute when you are 20 weeks and trying to get people to notice but not so cute when you are 3 months post partum if you catch my drift. It will come off. Just work hard and stick with it :)

My son is going on 5 1/2 months and my stomach still has that "pregnanty" look. I still even have my linea negra or whatever it's called. I think our bodies just need at least 9 months to get back to normal from all the crazy hormones and everything else.

I never got that linea negra that you are talking about. I don't like wearing tight clothes, bc they seem to accentuate my rolls, nor do I like wearing maternity tops bc they accentuate my belly! lol Darned if I do and darned if I don't! lol