Gained it back - eating more when cold

Options
I increased the calories significantly last week to stay warm and from nerves. You have to eat to compensate for heat loss. It is not the time to shave calories. I gained the few pounds lost. Meh, I get to start again. :ohwell:

Last week the electricity was out for 4 days because of the snow storm in New England. That was not bad, others had it much worse. We were colder than normal because of no heat but fortunately the temps were 40 to 50 F during the day. One evening it dropped to 20F. I made sure the family ate much more and 2 evenings the boys stayed at a friend's house with a wood stove.

I exhausted myself clearing tree limbs so I did not go to the gym all last week. This week is still clean up; I can't afford to get tired at the gym.

The good part is, now I know how to change my habits and it is easier.:bigsmile: And I have a gym routine when I am ready. Frankly, If I had not been exercising at the gym for a few months and building up a little, clean up would have been much more difficult.

Replies

• chrisc16
    Options
    Hang in there - the important things come first. You'll be fine.
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    As soon as you can. get back on track, you will be fine.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of this eat to keep warm theory, and i lived in central canada where it gets to -55C
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    Hey... KNOW exactly what youre going through!!! We live in NH and we also lost power/heat/ etc from Saturday thru Wed...and yeah... eating was the LEAST of my worries... We ate whatever we had to keep warm... I didn't dwell on calories and am glad you didnt either... There is always time to get back on track... and when you NEED to stay warm that is most important!!! We will get back on track this week..that's all.... Good luck on your journey!!!