How quickly can you tone triceps?

Options
Hi everyone!

Would like some advise/suggestions on how to quickly tone the tricep area. I'm trying to lose the last inch and wondered if anyone out there has a regimen they would like to share. Thanks in advance! ;)

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Continue to restrict calories and do cardio to burn the fat.

On the strength training side you need to keep lifting heavy. Incorporate compound moves that work the arms good.

For example bench press (dumbbells in particular) work the triceps. You can adjust the focus by adjusting the angle of the lift.

Lat pulldowns and barbell/dumbbell rows hit the biceps good.

after the compound moves then it is worth your time to hit the isolation moves heavy if you have the energy.

Filling out the arms will give you a more tone tricep.
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I don't know what equipment you have, but,

Lift heavy,
    And do bench press. I like 5x5 myself. Floor press if you don't have a bench (laying on the floor...)
    I like to finish my triceps off with push-downs from a bar on a cable. if that's not around I like tricep kickbacks.

I'll echo the barbell row too. It's a great one you should be doing anyway.

Push ups can help too.
  • Steffyss
    Options
    I actually spoke to my doctor about this last week. She recommended facing away from a table and using my arms to lower myself down and back up. She also recommended using anything with weight such as a milk jug with water, a two liter, or 5lb weights and lifting them behind my head.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Dips, skull crushers and tricep presses are good exercises too.
    105295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Noted, thanks for the suggestions!
    105295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Noted, thanks for the suggestions!