Tossing the Lipitor!

Options
love22step
love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
Latest NSV--my cholesterol results came in the mail today--137 total! The Dr. put me on Lipitor when my cholesterol total was 240. The next reading was 205. I knew my exercising and calorie watching for the last 2 1/2 months would make a difference, and I told the doctor I would need to come off the medication. He agrees! He liked my weight loss, too, and said he wanted to check out MyFitnessPal and recommend it to some of his diabetic patients.

As soon as I started eating less and exercising more, I was able to stop taking my acid reflux medication. With the deletion of the Lipitor, I'm prescription free!!! Praise God for leading me to MyFitnessPal(s)!!!

Replies

• deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I lowered my LDL from 177 to 107 by losing weight, watching what I eat and exercising, thus avoiding being put on medication. It was a great feeling when I got the lab results. Congratulations on a huge health victory!
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!! You are working hard and getting healthier! The ultimate goal!:flowerforyou:
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic result. Well done.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This is a great NSV. Congratulations on becoming rx free!
  • sonshinelady
    sonshinelady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Praising God with you! WOW! What an awesome feat! And I'm sure you feel like a million bucks! I'm not on any meds, thank the Lord...but my cholesteral was 213 back in spring and doctor was threatning me with meds. I recently had to have some blood tests done due to tireness and sluggishness....and when my levels were checked again after losing what is almost about 26 pounds since the first test (way before fitness pal and since February of this past spring)....my cholesteral is down to 130. I too praise God for my recent reports. ...so I am with you...a GREAT report love22step! congrats!
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats being healthy! I am so very happy for you.
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is what it's all about....better health and med-free living. RIGHT ON!!!!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am on cholestrol meds and have been since January. This gives me hope that I can come off of the meds.Everything was so much better when I went back in Aug. so when I go in Jan. again I'm going to ask if I can come off of them...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!