Anyone using Runkeeper? Calories question....

Options
Morning all.

I've just started using Runkeeper, and I'm confused...

Why do the calories burned, time and distance change between pressing STOP on the phone and it uploading to the site?

I did 8 miles exactly, in 1h27m35s, burning 948 cals when I stopped the clock, but now it's saying 8.01 miles, 1.27.56, 1148.

What's that about then?

Replies

• lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi! I use run keeper for cycling, and the figures are all over the place! I cycle into work every day, on google maps it's roughly 3 and a half miles, but on run keeper it's anywhere between 3 and 4 and a half miles! I'm not sure why I keep using it to be honest!!! I think I like seeing the miles going up... even though they're completely wrong?! Hmmmm!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with the GPS doing some sort of final calculation after the app is stopped. I noticed that at first and decided after to drive my route in my car and the information posted at the time I stopped it was closest to accurate. So now I just go with that, I continue to use the app simply for pace/time purposes to keep me motivated as I go along.

Good luck!
  • Stripycat
    Stripycat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!

It's getting the distances right, and my own tortuous maths processes provide results that are close to what it's saying about my pace, but I was just wondering why the cals leapt up so much. I'll just keep taking it as what it says when I stop. Still way more than MFP's v rough and not quite fitting estimates were giving me!