Im sick and tired of being sick and tired im 33 and feel 50

Options
hi there,

I'm Ethan and I have or had a problem! I drink way to much beer maybe 15 to 20 a day 4 days a week and eat way to many hamburgers, fries, steaks, deep fried chicken, chips you get the picture. My body mass is 30.5! ouch I'am 6 feet 4inches, considerd obese but since I'm tall its does not look so bad. I live in the Philippines and hear everyone says I'm perfectly fine but deep inside I'am not I feel as if I have some many health problem directly related to being in this weight area and its no fault but mine. I love beer, I love food but enough is enough and I need to take back my youth if I don't I'am sure doomed too failure of an early life and one I could have prevented.

So I make my pledge here to full-fill a dream I've always had and to also get myself back in shape so I not only feel attractive but am attractive inside and out. Being my size makes me angry, sad, lazy and down right tired literally 12hrs of the day. I sweat so much I need to take an extra shirt to work. So as I cut down from 251 pounds to my goal weight of 200 I will swear it to all you here and the internet world that I own my body and not anyone else.

Please feel free to add me as a friend or feel free to even offer advice, don't feel bad if I don't adhere to your advice just as you well know everyone has a differnt way, I love to hear motivational stories of peolpe that have done or are doing extrodinary things in there life or in others to change the way of life one lives, so please feel free to send me a link about yours or let me know your name here and i'll be happy to offer words of encouragement.

Look forword to all the peolpe in this network, Can't wait to rip it up each and everyday.

Sincerly
"Movin on up Ethan"

Replies

• MissAngelie
    Options
    Hello! Kumusta? I'm from the Philippines as well. Good luck, it's not easy but you can do it! :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ethan,

Welcome! You've come to the right place and your attitude OWNS!

I felt the same way in January...always sick, always tired...and generally unsatisfied and unmotivated. Now, a bunch of weight later (thanks to netting what MFP tells me to) I feel like my old self. And that's saying a LOT since my old self was a 16-yr. old sophomore in high school! Woot! :drinker:

You're about to feel and BE amazing. Or MORE amazing anyway because kudos to you for making this change. Rad!
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a teetotaler for close to two months now, i drank a lot but not as much as you. The first month is very hard, but after that you feel 20 years younger and liberated.

I think the best way for you to quit drinking is seeking medical advice first because going from 20 beers a day to 0 can be dangerous.
  • razorspells
    Options
    Hi Ethan, welcome to MFP, a great place for support and motivation.

I know your frustration Bro, I used to gorge a lot when it comes to food and I used to be so tired, now I'm feeling better. I took control of that food monster in me, tracked everything (food and activities using MFP) and selected the right kind of food and took it in moderation. I'm still a work in progress but I'm getting there.

You CAN DO it! Good luck on your diet and exercise :smile:

By the way I'm also from Manila, Philippines :smile:
  • LorTay8
    LorTay8 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well done on taking the first step to regaining your youth!!! This is a great place for motivation and I like the logging in each day - calories and exercise - it makes you really accountable and you have to be true to yourself! There are lots of good motivational stories on the message boards too! Fitness and healthy eating makes you feel fantastic - I feel better than I have for years and I've only been doing this for a couple of months - you could say I'm 53 and feel 30 by getting fit and losing weight - and if you can cut right down and just have the odd enjoyable beer, good - but whatever works for you! I find I hardly want to drink now, because it is wasted calories, and In just want to put good stuff into my body. Then when you do have an occasional drink, you really enjoy it. Good luck and stick with it!!!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I think you have all of the motivation you need!
  • xamyxx
    xamyxx Posts: 30
    Options
    hi hun and welcome im loving you attitude gd for you! if you have any questions you will always get a answer on here x
  • Getting7here
    Getting7here Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You`ll do it too :)