Yay my NSV!!!

Options
Ok first the brief background story. Oh come on, you didn't think I was going to jump right to the good stuff did you???

I will keep it brief. Back at the end of May of this year I took an interest in the C25K program. I found a free version sponsored by the NHS and feeling confident, downloaded weeks 1 and 2. I did my first run at the gym the first week of June. The day after my first run I went to play competitive badminton with a friend and blew out my knee. ACL, MCL and miniscus all damaged. I was confined to bed for the first week and on crutches the next 8 weeks. I did rehab and slowly, very slowly got back to the gym. Well about mid September I tried W1D1 again. I made it through but the next day I contracted a viral infection which caused my knee to double in size and I had to have the fluid drained. Crutches for a week again. I got back into the gym, started working more on leg weights and getting back to up to speed on the elliptical.

Last week I restarted with Week 1 Day 1. I have planned my running days to be Wed. Fri. and Sundays. This past Sunday I finished week 1 day 3 and today I completed Week 2 Day 1 !!! It's not that huge in the grand scheme of things but I did it, I freakin did it! :glasses: In the interest of keeping my knee in good shape, the second I get back home (i'm running at our local football pitch) I put on an ice pack and slam a few ibuprofens, this seems to help. So there it is, i'm on my way! I can't wait to start Week 3!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Congratulations! As I have recently sprained my ankle I understand how VERY frustrating it is to be out of the running (haha). You must feel brilliant right now
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! keep it up! I'm doing my first 5k November 19 :-)
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You are a bloody superstar! Most people would have given up, but not you. Well done!!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm proud to have you on my friends list, you've had so much to contend with, with your knee, yet you never fail to give others support, so thank you! X
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!
  • debswebby
    Options
    Fantastic. I am so bloody proud of you. Your determination knows no bounds. You keep me motivated do you know that? I bloody love you girl. You rock. FACT! :drinker: :heart:
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    :blushing: You guys! Thanks so much. I would never see myself as an inspiration, so that means a lot to me to hear that. lwdllc, good luck on your run, I look forward to when I can sign up for my first race!

becka, debs, you guys are huge inspirations to me. So thanks for that. Debs I love you lots and together we will rock! xxx
  • debswebby
    Options

becka, debs, you guys are huge inspirations to me. So thanks for that. Debs I love you lots and together we will rock! xxx

Hell Yeah! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!