Top 5 tips you'd give people for a happy life

Options

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    #6 if you break out in head to toe hives for a week before your wedding, consider it a sign. You'll thank yourself later!

and love your significant other (and friends) for who they are now not for their potential, just because they HAVE potential doesn't mean they will ever live up to it

YES YES YES!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    BUMP...this is a good idea =)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    1. Move your body - dance, exercise, run - anything
    2. Love yourself
    3. Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks or does.
    4. laugh. everyday. even if its at yourself
    5. Be kind alway. Kindness begets kindness.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    1.- Don't focus on other people's opinions.
    2.- Don't be arrogant and a pompous *kitten*.
    3.- Laugh.
    4.- Tell the people who matter the most to you, you love them every single day.
    5.- Don't settle for less.
    Bonus tip: Don't eat that donut.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    1. take care of your body, but have fun with it.
    2. take care of your mind. therapy is good; there's nothing wrong with asking for help
    3. always have a valid passport.
    4. don't worry about what other ppl think of you - those who love you, love you anyway and those who don't love you, don't matter.
    5. forgive. yourself, your friends, your family, your enemies. life is too short not to.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1. Laugh
    2. Dance
    3. Love
    4. Appreciate
    5. Give
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    1. In the event you insist on getting married, be sure to live with said person for AT LEAST one year prior to making a commitment. This is likely the most important decision that can completely *kitten* up your life if you make the wrong one.

2. Laugh .... a lot.

3. Have TONS of sex. And then have more.

4. Live for now cause .... who knows.

5. See rule 3.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have one VERY important bit of advice...

Really get to know the person you plan to procreate with. Know their faults, their weaknesses, the mental stability, their history as well as the history and mental health of their parents, siblings and friends.

You can NEVER be too careful who you breed with. I learned that the hard way!!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    1: Always be able to laugh at your self
    2:If you have children cherish them
    3:Never regret things you did in your past no matter how bad, take them as lessons and move on.
    4:Family is not created by blood but by love
    5:Always try to enjoy the simple things
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    1. Choose to love your spouse/partner every day. Make the decision to love.
    2. Choose to be thankful
    3. Praise others - there's always something you can find that's true & honest
    4. Give better than you get
    5. Love God and serve Him always
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    1. Smile more.
    2. Always keep an open mind
    3. Always seek knowledge
    4. Play hard.
    5. If you would have regretted not doing it on your death bed, do it now.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I really liked a lot of peoples and didn't want to repeat, so I put in some of my quotes that give me perspective and make me smile.

1. "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
    2. “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”- Socrates
    3. "Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely."
    4. "Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship."
    5. "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." Audrey Hepburn
  • nothingisred
    Options
    1. You have never lived a life at all until you have done something for someone else who can never repay you.

I love this!
    1. Forget everything you've read in romance novels and seen in Hollywood Movies. Real relationships aren't like that. They're awesome, but in a totally different way and it takes years to realize how truly awesome they really are.

This is so true, one of mine but reworded.

1. Respect everyone's life choices, as long as they don't hurt other people. Judge people by the person, not the age, sex, race, religion or sexuality. Don't be afraid of people who are different to you, love them for it and learn from them.

2. Don't ever apologise for who you are. Love yourself and be proud of who you are, always. Anyone who doesn't love you for you is not worth your time.

3. Relationships are one of the hardest things you'll ever do, but also one of the most rewarding. Your heart is no good to you unless it has been broken many times. Just remember to never watch rom coms.

4. Enjoy being young, don't rush into settling down. Take the time to work out what you really want in life and don't let anyone or anything hold you back. Don't make excuses or wait for other people to make things happen for you because you'll just get left behind.

5. Stay grounded, learn to laugh at yourself and learn to never take anything too seriously.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    1. Never waste your time and money on bad wine.
    2. The same goes for people.
    3. Nothing ventured, nothing gained
    4. That which gets measured, gets improved
    5. You've never really lived until someone makes a rule because of something you did.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    1. Travel... travel a lot.
    2. Exercise and eat healthy.
    3. Go to bed at night knowing you did the best you could for that day.
    4. If you're scared to do something that means you should probably do it. It's better to regret something you did do than to regret something you did not do.
    5. Be ridiculous. "I'd rather be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    1) Love yourself
    2) Treat others the way you want to be treated.
    3) Laugh often
    4) Take time for yourself
    5) Think with your head and not your heart.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    1. Enjoy the experience. No matter what it is, look for ways to enjoy it. There is always room to complain. Seek out the fun parts.

2. Be honest with yourself and others. Own the good and bad about you, strive for improvement. Be willing to be vulnerable.

3. Remain teachable. There will always be new ways of looking at things. Disagreement is an opportunity for new ideas.

4. Practice being satisfied. Contentment is a choice.

5. Forgiveness is giving up the right to punish. That goes for yourself as well as others.
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1. When you feel like everything in your life is going wrong, just think of all the good things you have going for you and remember that things could be worse!

2. Laugh as often as you can!

3. NEVER take anyone for granted.

4. Listen to music!

5. Sex. Lots and lots of sex.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A few of the more tongue-in-cheek tidbits I've gathered:

1. Happy wife, happy life.
    2. Your employer doesn't pay you to be happy. The sooner you realize this, the better.
    3. Never sweat at work, never poop on your own time.

I'm sure there's others. Just can't think of them right now...
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    A few of the more tongue-in-cheek tidbits I've gathered:

1. Happy wife, happy life.
    2. Your employer doesn't pay you to be happy. The sooner you realize this, the better.
    3. Never sweat at work, never poop on your own time.

I'm sure there's others. Just can't think of them right now...

hahahaha I love #3. One of my co-workers definitely lives by that second half