cubed pork...help!!!!!

Options
Lilylove86
Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
My husband bought cubed pork the other day and it has been sitting in my freezer because I have NO clue what to do with it...nothing at all. Anybody have any suggestions?????

P.S. I don't like putting fruit with my pork, so alot of the recipes I found with apple or pineapple are no goes......

Thank you!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Chile Verde (aka green chile stew) -- see for example http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1628,151183-236196,00.html
  • cvin5
    cvin5 Posts: 5
    Options
    I would suggest chili, use it in place of beef. :)
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    fry in little oil until brown, add sliced onions and carrots, cover with water, simmer for an hour, and some water mixed with flour (about tbs) to hinken the sauce, season with salt & pepper, simmer for 5 mins, serve with pasta. polish gulash :) if you want hungarian gulash add some peppers and paprika. :flowerforyou:
  • vicespinoza
    Options
    You can't go wrong with long grain brown rice and fresh vegetables such as red peppers, red onions, mushrooms, etc. Plan your breakfast and lunch accordingly to accomodate dinner. This meal can become higher in sodium and carbohydrates depending on how you prepare it. Good luck!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    sautee it in olive oil w/ peppers, onions and mushrooms, then add some tomateos and let it simmer a while and serve it with rice. Makes great cheap swiss steak!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    If you have a Foreman type grill, they cook up in 3 minutes and are super tender and delicious. I just sprinkle them ahead of time with Mrs. Dash (let this sit for about 15 minutes before cooking).
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    It's perfect for stir-fry. Marinate it with a tablespoon or so of soy sauce and chopped scallions for 15 mins, then saute` fresh ginger and garlic, and toss in the meat. I cook the vegs separately for stir-fry, but it can be done either way. I also made a pot pie the other day with cubed pork, make it like you would chicken pot pie. Verrry good.
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Is it cubed pork roast? Or more like a tenderloin or chop? I like to cube pork roast and toss it in my crock pot with a can of low fat cream of mushroom soup, packet of onion soup mix, sliced potatoes, and carrots. It cooks in about 6 hours on low. The last hour I'll add a couple of cups of defrosted frozen green beans if I need some extra vegetables.