60 days in - 21 lbs down- 38 yr old Woman - FEELING LIKE A N

Options
Hello Everyone!
As I sit here, halfway to my goal, with tears in my eyes b/c of how much I have already achieved - I felt I needed to write how grateful I am for this site and all of the support I have received on here.

At the beginning- and during certain times of this journey- I have felt defeated- but my glorious friends have picked me up. You know who you are!!

Now, as I see the 170's for the first time in about 5 years I know I can achieve my goal and lose these last 20 lbs.

Here are my learnings in the first 60 days (in case this helps anyone:)

1. log every day and everything you eat- even if you go over
2. in 60 days ive only gone over my calories one day (last saturday-- and thats ironic b/c now I've seen greater losses!)
3. you dont need to run a marathon. I try to do an hour walk at 4.0 about 3 days a week- and it helps if I can walk with a friend :)
4. At one point I stalled and I reached out to the community boards for help! be honest with others- they are here to help
5. When I did this- and opened my diary- people were honest with me and told me to eat less processed food, salt and cut down on alcohol. that broke the plateau for me! you are all so smart
6. ive only told friends/family I'm on MFP who I know will support me- and the ones that have made negative comments that this is some gimmik? Well, that gives me even more motivation to achieve my goals. I am my OWN STRONG person

For the first time in years my husband complimented me yesterday on how great I'm looking!
I can now sit comfortably in an airline seat, my size 10 jeans/dress pants fit, I'm starting to see my eyes better b/c my puffy cheeks are leaving- my confidence is soaring!

I'm writing all this as a THANK YOU, but also in case it will motivate others b/c I know I turn to this particular boards on a daily basis!

Here's to the last 20 lbs and I'll be sure at that point to post some photos!

Best,
Aimee

Replies

• brooklyn3107
    brooklyn3107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful. You're inspiring!
  • cvin5
    cvin5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations! The most awesome part if how great you feel about you! I read confidence in your post!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love your story. Thank you for sharing it. MFP friends are great. This is a very motivating site.
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, I loved everything I just Read,
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS. Keep up the good work!
  • paulabsc
    paulabsc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • arykh24
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Congrats on your success!!!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congrats!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Congratulations and keep it up!!!!
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! thanks for sharing. are you doing Calorie counting? eating more protein and less carbs or just calorie counting to lose.?
    i've lost 20 lbs and have 15 more to go - just got back from vacation but the good thing is i didnt gain (didn't lose either) but glad i didn't gain like usual on vacation! Congratulations again on your success!~
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    What a great achievement well done.
  • vanessa194
    vanessa194 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your doing so wonderful ! You inspire us all :)
  • plcooper
    plcooper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weightloss! that is inspiring. and i look fwd to making friends on MFP for support as well!

paula
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Such a great success. Keep up the great work.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing, congrats!
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, very uplifting!
  • auto63
    auto63 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing it sounds like you have figured out what works for you. Good luck with your journey:smile:
  • lenalivesey
    Options
    Great Job! I am a woman in my 40's and have been at it for about 3 months. I have lost about 20 lbs and have 10 more to go! You are right...be honest with your calories. It is ok to go over once in awhile. I just make it up in exercise over the next couple of days. Another tool I have used is to give up 3 things....cheese, "real" beer, and candy. None of which I miss terribly...except pizza!
    Keep up the great work and good luck!
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great post! Congrats to you. I love this site too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!