NSV - trading out clothes!

Options
My mom gave me some sweaters this weekend and they were either S's or M's. (She's quite a bit smaller than I am.) And they fit! :-) This morning I'm cleaning out those clothes that are now too big and donating them. Not planning on going back to the L's.

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats.
  • Pwnpickles
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Terrific NSV!
    Enjoy the new sweaters and the new success!
    Keep up the great work !!
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Really scared to pack up the "fat clothes" and send them out of my life. After so many years of being an extra large person, it is still not real in my head that I'll never need them again. There's always that "what if..." thought in the back of my mind, you know?
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I can't wait to get out my smaller clothes!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I got rid of tons of clothes I never want to fit into again! Now I love shopping at second hand stores!:love:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just took all of my "fat girl clothes" to the consignment shop. I was saving a lot of my favorite skirts and blouses in case I gained weight back, but I decided that was not a great plan. So I decided to take them to the thrift store and earn money to buy smaller clothes.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV! Congratulations to you!

Really scared to pack up the "fat clothes" and send them out of my life. After so many years of being an extra large person, it is still not real in my head that I'll never need them again. There's always that "what if..." thought in the back of my mind, you know?

Which is EXACTLY WHY I'm boxing MINE up and getting them out of here....gotta get rid of the "safety net" in my life.
    I've only kept a few pairs of pants for the TOM days- fluid retention, ya know. And those are for comfort, nothing to wear in public.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    woo hoo!!!
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    =) fantastic!
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just took all of my "fat girl clothes" to the consignment shop. I was saving a lot of my favorite skirts and blouses in case I gained weight back, but I decided that was not a great plan. So I decided to take them to the thrift store and earn money to buy smaller clothes.

The only hesitation I had was, "What if I need these clothes later?" But then I realized that that was self-defeating. I figure if the clothes I have fit me then when they start to get tight, that's my cue to be more careful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!