This is a Serious Question....

Options
Was wondering, is sex a good calorie burner and, if so, for how long and what positions are best? I hope no one is offended by this question but Im serious and I want to do all that I can and hey, why not enjoy it???! Im married and im wanting to challenge myself in the bedroom and burn calories as well......

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Was wondering, is sex a good calorie burner and, if so, for how long and what positions are best? I hope no one is offended by this question but Im serious and I want to do all that I can and hey, why not enjoy it???! Im married and im wanting to challenge myself in the bedroom and burn calories as well......

rotfl. Yes sex burns calories.

Should you count it? not in my opinion.
  • michaelpendersjr
    Options
    that is actually a really good question, I have heard that it is in the past.
  • Was wondering, is sex a good calorie burner and, if so, for how long and what positions are best? I hope no one is offended by this question but Im serious and I want to do all that I can and hey, why not enjoy it???! Im married and im wanting to challenge myself in the bedroom and burn calories as well......

Agreed! hehe .. But sure have your fun ;)
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: well i heard on the doctors that it was... so .... i think so .... when u really find out ... please let me know
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Agreed! hehe .. But sure have your fun ;)

But what if you aren't getting it usually?? hm.. then its not part of your daily lifestyle.
    haha
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes it burns calories but I do not think you should count it. If you weren't trying to loose weight would you not have sex? No you will still have sex its part of your normal daily, weekly, monthly whatever life. Same thing as cleaning the house. you will do it anyways so I dont count it. Unless its major deep cleaning for hours.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've read sex burns about 144 cals per half hour... not sure if true or not. LOL
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Yes, it burns calories.

No, I wouldn't count it. Hopefully it is a part of your daily, or maybe every other daily routine, and is therefore not exercise. ;)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
  • soozeeg
    soozeeg Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure you shouldn't count it, but if you were really curious you could wear a HRM during... maybe not so attractive.. but hey..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Unless you are having marathon sex, I probably wouldn't count it as exercise.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    ah yes... the most pleasurable exercise ever made! One of the many bonuses is the calorie burn.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

If this is accurate then I wouldn't count it :)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets your heart rate up! Only way to track it would be to wear a heart rate monitor. Not sure how sexy that would be.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've heard people on MFP say they do log sex for exercise~ they put it under "Dancing".. wink wink LMAO
  • cbwallace
    cbwallace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I say count it! And to some what answer your question... probably burn more calories if you are not on bottom during missionary. Any position that requires you do the most movement or requires some stamina will be your best bet. I bet you can convince your husband to help "support" your weight loss with this activity. :wink:
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets your heart rate up! Only way to track it would be to wear a heart rate monitor. Not sure how sexy that would be.

"Oh yeah, baby. Just like that... hold on... have you seen my HRM?"
  • KeepItOff4Life
    Options
    Ha, good stuff! Most calories burned for you... I would say, on top squatting. Your thighs will get an awesome workout!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Yes it burns calories but I do not think you should count it. If you weren't trying to loose weight would you not have sex? No you will still have sex its part of your normal daily, weekly, monthly whatever life. Same thing as cleaning the house. you will do it anyways so I dont count it. Unless its major deep cleaning for hours.

^Yes. I agree.