My NSV

Options
kgb6days
kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
I started running almost 1 year ago, and couldn't run a solid minute without having to stop. Today (the day before my 55th birthday) I ran 4 miles without stopping and did it at an 11:30 mm average pace. That's huge for me! And while I haven't lost a lot of weight, my body had changed a lot, and for that I'm grateful.

Replies

• deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV kgb! Way to go
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Wow! There's hope for me yet! Congratuations and thanks for being such a great example. I started in August on my 54th birthday and can now run about a minute. I'd love to be able to run a 5K. I am happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • Cathygal
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!! Good for you, what an accomplishment! :) I can run for 1 minute without stopping, I am 37 and You have inspired me :flowerforyou:
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment!!! CONGRATS keep up the great work!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I managed to run @4mph for 10 mins on treadmill last night....

Have a great birthday tomorrow :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That is truly awesome! Way to go! My mom just turned 61 and has been inspired to run about 1/4 of a mile every once in a while. I'm definitely gonna share your success with her! Keep up the great work!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What a great story- you are my hero!
    Happy birthday for tomorrow
    Debbie
  • Its_ali_bella
    Its_ali_bella Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started running almost 1 year ago, and couldn't run a solid minute without having to stop. Today (the day before my 55th birthday) I ran 4 miles without stopping and did it at an 11:30 mm average pace. That's huge for me! And while I haven't lost a lot of weight, my body had changed a lot, and for that I'm grateful.

Wow. My cardio fitness is weak. I hope to be able to say the same a year from now.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I would love to be there in a year. I will keep working on it. Getting to a mile in one go will be fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!