Happy Monday Red Team!

Options
Hey guys!

Everyone survive the Superbowl snacks? :laugh:

Well, I bombed on exersicing over the weekend.
However, it has been a week and I still haven't had any caffeine or carbonated beverages.
And my sugar intake is down by 75%!
So, nothing but water and herbal tea for me these days. :drinker:
I'm pretty impressed that I'm able to do this while battling PMS!

How is everyone else doing this morning?

:heart: Go Reds!! :heart:

Replies

• gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Everyone survive the Superbowl snacks? :laugh:

Well, I bombed on exersicing over the weekend.
    However, it has been a week and I still haven't had any caffeine or carbonated beverages.
    And my sugar intake is down by 75%!
    So, nothing but water and herbal tea for me these days. :drinker:
    I'm pretty impressed that I'm able to do this while battling PMS!

How is everyone else doing this morning?

:heart: Go Reds!! :heart:
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
    I BOMBED big time. I had a very stressful three weeks (family crisis). Hopefully it's over now and I can start back where I left off. I gained 6 pounds by not watching what I ate and not exercising. Sorry red team! Today is a new beginning!
  • gingermoon
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
    I BOMBED big time. I had a very stressful three weeks (family crisis). Hopefully it's over now and I can start back where I left off. I gained 6 pounds by not watching what I ate and not exercising. Sorry red team! Today is a new beginning!

I hope everything is ok now!

Don't let it get you down.... weight gain happens :tongue:
    Just put it past you and begin again! :bigsmile:

:heart:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Good Morning Red Team:flowerforyou:

I did get a workout in yesterday, but we didn't go anywhere for the game. I got a 2 mile walk in this morning and had a 2 egg omelet with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and 1 1/2 tblsp salsa, now I need to go shower and head to an appointment and then will be back later this afternoon. I am also trying to cut out the sugars but am finding it hard cause I love fruits and I have even noticed that skim milk has quit a bit in it.:noway: Any suggestions would be great.

Have a great day RED TEAM:flowerforyou:
  • gingermoon
    Options
    Good Morning Red Team:flowerforyou:

I did get a workout in yesterday, but we didn't go anywhere for the game. I got a 2 mile walk in this morning and had a 2 egg omelet with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and 1 1/2 tblsp salsa, now I need to go shower and head to an appointment and then will be back later this afternoon. I am also trying to cut out the sugars but am finding it hard cause I love fruits and I have even noticed that skim milk has quit a bit in it.:noway: Any suggestions would be great.

Have a great day RED TEAM:flowerforyou:

I pulled up a few things on the sugar buster diet for you, maybe that will help.
    While I'm not into fad diets, I have found their food lists to be helpful.

I have to confess, mine was a bit easier, being from the south, sweet tea is its own food group down here and giving it up as well as colas and other obvious sugar infested items.
    I also gave up Starbucks.
    So, now I'm looking for ways to cut sugar out of the rest of my diet.

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Sugar_Busters
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=47148

Diabetic diets also lend a helpful hand when looking to cut out the sugar.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I had to travel this weekend but I was very prepared. I packed tons of water and snacks for the long ride and if the houseguest didnt have anything. Then we ordered out. I got a chicken ceaser salad and I threw the dressing away (50 g of fat in 2 packs of dressing):noway: Yesterday I avoided Wendys and went and got a sub at Sheetz. I havent worked out though so I need to get back on that. Hope everyone had a good weekend/Has a good week!! :happy:
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow GusterGirl! Way to handle a touch situation!!

I've been a little bit extra motivated this week after gaining weight last week. I've actually gone to the gym after 9:30pm (once I got my 2 year old to bed) for 3 out of the past 4 nights. I only missed one day when I was on a date with my husband. I did cardio for 30-60 minutes each time, depending on how much strength training I was in the mood for. And I've been eating better too. I think I'm on track to get back down to at least where I was a week ago before the weigh-in on Wednesday.

HAPPY MONDAY!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Had a great weekend on the snowshoes, shovelling snow, treadmill, stationary bike, weight training and Biggest Loser Bootcamp. Gotta keep up the exercise routine up to keep the scale moving:happy:
    Also got some stretching in too.

Hope everyone is feeling motivated now January has left us and spring will be here before we know it:happy: Let's keep the momentum going with our little team:bigsmile:

:heart: :heart: GO RED TEAM:heart::heart: