Protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have tried many types of protein. Hands down best tasting protein is Elite Gourmet by Dymatize. I have chocolate peanut butter, but all of the flavors are great. It is a mix of whey and casein, so you get the benefit of a slow and a rapid digesting protein, leaving you satisfied longer. Also low fat and cal.
  • MrsCFldsRN
    MrsCFldsRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I must recant my previous recommendation of Beverly International products. I found out that they are on the NFL Player's Banned Substances list (www.nflplayers.com). Evidently, something was found in the products that was considered unsafe or banned. I was really surprised about this. I've been affiliated with AdvoCare since January. Their products taste great and are monitored by INFORMED CHOICE (www.informedchoice.org). Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints has been with AdvoCare for years and is the National Spokesperson. The products are also monitored by a medical advisory board to ensure everything is as it should be. It's really a world class company with the finest products. Check out www.workwithchampions.com and my website www.advocare.com/120119179
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i am currently using myprotein.com impact whey. have tried banoffee, strawberry and chocolate smooth flavours and the strawberry has been the nicest so far. i had been on phd diet whey but couldn't keep up with the expense- however it did taste better than the myprotein stuff.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you care at all about it being a really good 00% whey isolate, gluten-free lactose free, try About Time or Integrated Supplement brands. These are y "go-to" since all of those things matter to me --- plus they also won't give you gas like a lot of the cheaper ones do. Read lables... if it's a blend or a concentrate whey --- its lower quality. Also look atthe cholesterol -- if its less than 1, its good quality -- most of the mine are 0. Not everyone is such a protein snob, but if those things matter there ya go.

PS you can get samples of About Time at http://tryabouttime.com --- and then its cheaper to order from supplement warehouse if you decide to buy a big tub. I love the chocolate, chocoalte-mind, birthday cake and cinnamon.