could someone help me

Options
ok--it is tellin me i need to consume 2120 calories a day-- and lately i have only been able to eat around 1500 0r 1600 or so-- will not eating the full 2120 affect me not losing the weight? i am new and just need a little help

thank you

Replies

• walkenbelzer
    Options
    ok--it is tellin me i need to consume 2120 calories a day-- and lately i have only been able to eat around 1500 0r 1600 or so-- will not eating the full 2120 affect me not losing the weight? i am new and just need a little help

thank you
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    You say you can only eat 1500 to 1600 calories/day. I think, don't force it. If you are undercutting the calories needed for maintenance, you lose weight.

Certainly there is no reason to force yourself to eat more than you feel you can take in, assuming you need to lose weight and are not trying to gain it.

But of course, if you are underweight or have an eating disorder, you should not be undereating.

Diet sites say that if you are losing more than 2lbs/wk on average, you may be losing bone/muscle as well as fat. It's always good to combine weight loss with exercise, particularly weight training if possible, to try to build muscle and bone and not lose it.

I suppose any real answer to your question needs to take into account a lot of things: your age, your weight, your sex, your health status, etc.
  • walkenbelzer
    Options
    thanks so much i am not under weight by any means haha---- i am 26, male,260. i have a little girl on the way, she willbe her in april, and i decided i needed to lose some weight to always be there for her. i just started last week eating healthy and exercising. i eat fruits and veggies, cereal and turkey sandwiches mostly-and no cokes just water.. and like i said it tells me to eat 2150 calories but i am just not that hungry because i space my meals out, so i was wondering if this would affect me losing weight in any way. and i run 20 minutes a day + plus teach kindergarten so that is a lot of my exercising too hahahah
  • leeannclark
    Options
    Hey, it sounds like you're doing really great ! You might try eating the 6 smaller meals a day. Make sure you eat carbs and protein at each meal. That might get you a little closer to your calories they say you should be getting......Sounds like you're doing everything right to me. Lots of fruits and veggies and getting your cardio in too!! Keep up the good work and congrats on your new addition to your family!
  • walkenbelzer
    Options
    thank you so much
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I agree with Leeann,
    As long as you don't go Way below your cals.
    like anything under 1000 is way to low, Food feeds your muscles and muscle eats fat, and then you lose weight.
    As I said, I agree, I think you are on the right path. The cals here are a suggestion. Not exactly law.
    So as a newbee, GOOD FOR YOU!
    and welcome aboard.
    --Diann