Healthy tailgate options

Options
I am going to the Packer- Minnesota game on Monday night and need some healthy tailgating food ideas!!!!! GO PACK

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, or pita poackets stuffed with salad, I do this for my hubby:
    Lettuce cut up
    onions
    pepperoni
    italian dressing
    cheese
    stuff it in a pita, I do a chicken and ranch salad and stuff it for me....

you could pack hummus and veggies for munching..
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I hope someone posts a recipe for baked, no skin not wings.... I miss wings so much. lol
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/grilled-recipes.html

I don't know if you plan to grill or...? but skinnytaste has tons of great recipes.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saabs80
    saabs80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried the turkey brats???
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you are grilling, Veggie and Chicken Kabobs. Make them seperate because you want to make sure the chicken is cooked through and the veggies don't burn.
  • dianita22
    Options
    I need help with this too, going to my last college football game as a student :/ And in repsonse to the wings, I've tried all the highest rated baked wings recipes out there and unfortunately none of them compare to the fried and they are not even that much healthier to make it worth the downgrade.... I save my calories and splurge once in a blue moon with max 2 wings (but they are fried and delicous)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Turkey options to normal tailgate food is what I would go for (turkey kielbasa or burgers, etc.)
    Go out to skinnytaste and find some good sides.

Or...you can take this as a one time event, kick back and let go for an evening. Don't go crazy, but don't be strict. Have a brat, have a dog, have a brew (or three :drinker:) and have a good time and not worry about it.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    OMG - I am the wing girl LOL

I do baked no skin wings like this:

dash them with mega garlic powder, onion powder and some sea salt (let them sit overnight).

Then I drizzle raw agave nectar on top and toss and add alittle more garlic, onion powder toss and bake on 375 degrees for at least 45 minutes.

My friends always bug me to make them.

I do sometimes bake them with the skin on (I admit), but they are good both ways.

Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    NPC Figure Competitor
    Free Online Fitness Trainer
    From 170 lbs. to Fit
    If I Can Do It, So Can You!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks Nyla, I am a garlic and onion powder addict!! So my mouth is already watering!! Was it easy to find skinless wings in the database when you entered the recipe?