• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    omg did you let your neck go to the abs party!? =o

Funny, but yeah. That can happen. :ohwell:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Form, form, form. When moving up in levels or starting a new movement, form is sooooo much more important than weight, reps, or anything else. Take it slow and focus on form.

When doing sit ups, make sure you are not pulling on your head. Keep your fingers near your ears, but don't hold your head. I have also been told that if you press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, it prevents strain on the neck for sit ups. I've never felt the need to try it, but it may be worth a shot.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: They're not invited you know! :laugh: :laugh:

I actually ended up pulling a muscle in my shoulder doing 30DS. Hoping I might get back to it in November - still causes too much trouble for me to try again yet. I agree w/some of the others - make sure you're using proper form. Don't pull on the neck. Hope you feel better soon.
  • JodyPellissey
    Options
    I had the same issue. I was unable to keep my neck outta the ab party. I'm in level 3 now and I like it much better than level 2. I hated level 2.

^^^ THIS ... level 2 ... ugh!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

:D:D:D
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any neck aches, but did get sore shoulders in level 3. Be sure not to use your neck during abs.. let your ab muscles do all the work, don't let the neck help you! Good Luck on your shred, keep pushin!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The planks did the same thing to me. My shoulders are sore but that's to be expected from the work out. I have NO ab muscles so the planks are super hard for me. I never had neck issues with the ab work outs in level one, I always look at the ceiling for that. I just take a day off every few days to give myself a break but it is getting better. Don't worry about taking days off, Jillian has said in interviews that it's not meant to be 30 days straight. :smile: