Favorite Apps

Options
ShaeDetermined
ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
So I finally made the switch from blackberry to android, and I wanna know ---

what are your favorite apps?

All I have so far are MFP (ofcourse), Facebook and Runkeeper.

Boring. I know.

So please help!
I want useful stuff as well as time-wasters.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    CardioTrainer

Pandora

Hanging With Friends/Words With Friends

If you like to cook, the AllRecipes app is awesome.

Zedge-- for ringtones, free stuff!

TV Guide app is helpful

And The Weather Channel!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Stupid fun app--

Search for Toilet Paper Race
  • deviouslady
    Options
    Out of Milk is one of my favorite!
  • wamaverick
    wamaverick Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a game called Alchemy that I'm addicted too!

Words with friends.

ESV Bible

Lightening Bug (which is a white noise machine)

Sports Tracker (for logging walks with my GPS)

and Grocery IQ to help make sure both my boyfriend and I pick up the right things when we go grocery shopping
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Shazam
    barcode scanner (allows you to compair prices in the area
    B&B droid (uses flash for flashlight)
    dictionary
    thesaurus
    gasbuddy
  • wamaverick
    Options
    Stupid fun app--

Search for Toilet Paper Race

too much fun! I now understand the cat's fascination and my son's desire to wet the end of the toilet paper and flush the toilet.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Have to have Angry Birds...keeps the kids occupied. I also have a pretty nifty first aid app. I haven't had to use it yet, but I have it just in case something happens when we're hiking or something.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    u guys are amazing - keep em coming!

i'm gonna have to check em out one by one....
  • wamaverick
    Options
    Netflix has an app for viewing movies also. Great for when your traveling to log into watch exercise videos....TIP USE YOUR WIRELESS INTERNET!

And my personal favorite Geocaching its a $10 app but its a cheap way to get started in the sport!

Advanced Task Killer is probably the most used on my phone to zap all programs running to preserve battery life.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Netflix has an app for viewing movies also. Great for when your traveling to log into watch exercise videos....TIP USE YOUR WIRELESS INTERNET!

And my personal favorite Geocaching its a $10 app but its a cheap way to get started in the sport!

Advanced Task Killer is probably the most used on my phone to zap all programs running to preserve battery life.
    Omg yes, Netflix.

There is a free Geocaching app, if I can remember what it is called I will come back and post.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i agree with pandora
    runkeeper
    soundhound
    gotta have some sort of timer
    amazon cloud player
    kindle
    the bible
    classic simon
    fruit slice
    urban spoon
  • ChicagoSammo
    Options
    I recently switched from Blackberry to Android too . . . the apps that I find most useful are:-
    Skype - I'm an ex-pat Brit
    Bloomberg - I use financial market data
    Weatherbug
    Pageonce - if you don't mind having all your bank and bill data in your phone
    Facebook
    LinkedIn
    Navigation
    Life360 - wifey travels a lot with work, great app for us to know where each other is without having to call each other. Also lists convicted paedophiles in your area . . . it's rather worrying how many there are ! ! !
    Runkeeper - now if only there was a direct feed from Runkeeper to MFP, that would be very handy.
    TuneIn Radio
    Flixster
    Drag Racing - it'll hook you in

There are a heap of others but I rarely use them.
    All of the above are free too, as long as you don't mind the odd advert here and there.
    Have fun :-)
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

there is a free one called c:geo
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    MY FITNESS PAL :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    MY FITNESS PAL :)

if you have any kids around (or even for your own fun and enjoyment), you gotta have Talking Tom 2. It's a Cat who repeats what you say, as well as doing other fun things.......reallly adorable! Talking Gina is fun, too.

the free navigation - from Google.
    Magic 8-Ball (fun for you and your friends)
    Android Funny (ringtones)
    Flashlight (really works well in the night when you're fumbling around :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Bloomberg
    Shazam
    Words with Friends
    Pandora (although I'll be honest, I am really starting to hate Pandora and their stupid commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Rhapsody
    Skyfire (youcan see websites with flash)
    MFP
    Fidelity
    New York Times
    Hipster
  • auntdeedee87
    Options

Yes, that is the one I couldn't think of! :)
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    i agree with pandora
    runkeeper
    soundhound
    gotta have some sort of timer
    amazon cloud player
    kindle
    the bible
    classic simon
    fruit slice
    urban spoon

You should have a timer under your 'clock' in the features that come with the phone. At least mine does.
  • wamaverick
    Options

Yes, that is the one I couldn't think of! :)

Our area has several Geocachers who are a very active in the sport (they are like numbers 4 and 5 in the country) and they post all of their caches on Geocache's website. When I downloaded c:geo it had almost none of the caches that were available in the area. I've gotten more than $10 out of it. and I've met some great friends and a work out partner! I couldn't remember the name of the App either but I knew which one it was.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump- gettin my new phone sat I hope :)