I ran 5.4 miles yesterday! First time ever! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    No, but I've been thinking about it:bigsmile:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I sat on my couch and watched football players run...does that count?

Actually, I'm sticking with jogging right now....doing the Couch to 5K. The full on run really hurts my bad leg and back. Maybe a few more pounds from now...
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    I'd have to run in 12 cms of snow today.... That's a no!
  • jaydanna
    Options
    :noway: WAY TOO COLD!!!
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Anyone been running?

Congrats! I've been missing running like crazy and hope to be back on track by spring. Are you training for a long run? I'm partial to half marathons. It's a great distance and it doesn't take the time commitment of a full.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    3 times a week, Mostly treadmill these days since it's dangerous to run in the street with all the cars and no shoveled side walks. But I try to get in 4 to 4.5 miles. I can't go much longer without risking injury to my ankle (at least until the rubber track at the local highschool is cleared.) Which sucks, but hey, it's 35 good minutes of running so I guess I should be thankful.
  • timechange
    Options
    Anyone been running?

Congrats! I've been missing running like crazy and hope to be back on track by spring. Are you training for a long run? I'm partial to half marathons. It's a great distance and it doesn't take the time commitment of a full.

I wish I could run a half-marathon, that's awesome! I am going to try my first 10K on Feb 14. I've run a few 5Ks, but never a 10K. I can run 4 miles now, pretty well. I used to run out of breath before my muscles were tired. Now, I can breath well, but my muscles usually tire after 4 miles. That's why I'm so proud of my 5.4 mile run!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Join in on the Runner's club here! I'm about ready to really seriously start training for a half marathon in May. Right now I'm just running about 3 times a week of 4-5 miles.

Jess
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Jess, if you are running that much. You easily could do the half!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Jess, if you are running that much. You easily could do the half!!!

Yeah, I just need to get in the longer weekend runs. I've done 2 HM's before so I'm looking forward to another one! :bigsmile:

How are you doing??