Frustrated and about to give up.

Options
2»

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories, don't eat the calories...c'mon people!!!!

Look, your body is ALWAYS in contstant flux. I drank a bottle of wine last night and ate like crap yesterday!!!!!! but I lost weight. A perfect example of what I am talking about.

STOP Weighing yourself every day. As your body changes for the healthier, you lose the fat, and gain the muscle. Get happy with where you are and the success for what you are achieving.

As for building muscle...if you dont want the definition, lift less, do more cardio. adversely the opposite for the definition. On the calories..again, EVERYONE's body is Different. Tweak you intake. but dont go 2 days and say...Oh this isnt working. Go 2 Weeks. And readjust. But being physically active, I would highly suggest NOT going below 1200/day.
    Also, look at your Carb/Fat/Protein macro (ratio) and look at adjusting that.

wish you well. And always remember - IF YOU WANT IT - GET IT!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You are massively undereating.

You need to be NETTING at least 1,200 per day - and probably closer to 1400-1500 if you weigh 250.

Exercise will cause your metabolism to speed up, but undereating causes it to slow down. You are working against yourself by undereating to this extent!

Add lots of healthy protein and fats to your diet to up your calories - and give it a few weeks for your body to adjust before you decide it's not working.

:flowerforyou:

THIS. She's a smart woman and from my own knowledge I assure you this is dead on. Also, I have experience with things involving the human mind. Watching a scale can become as addictive and abusive as alcoholism, because we are creatures of habit and anxiety. Weigh yourself now and again and remember that actual weight is extremely relative to how it is carried. I know someone my exact height, AND my exact weight, and we look nothing alike as far as how weight "looks."
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Someone told me that maybe as was building muscle, and that is the reason why I'm not losing weight.

You're not building muscle on a net of 40 calories a day. Most people struggle to build appreciable amounts of muscle without eating OVER their maintenance calorie level. Your body is actually probably breaking down some muscle (along with fat) to fuel your body because you're not eating enough.

The half pound is a normal fluctuation though - depending on hydration levels, amount of food in the digestive system, etc, bodies normally fluctuate as much as 2 pounds in either direction. Perfect example of this:
    I drank a bottle of wine last night and ate like crap yesterday!!!!!! but I lost weight.
    Alcohol dehydrates you, so you "weigh" less the next day. Once you rehydrate, you'll likely be back pretty much right where you were before.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You are massively undereating.

You need to be NETTING at least 1,200 per day - and probably closer to 1400-1500 if you weigh 250.

Exercise will cause your metabolism to speed up, but undereating causes it to slow down. You are working against yourself by undereating to this extent!

Add lots of healthy protein and fats to your diet to up your calories - and give it a few weeks for your body to adjust before you decide it's not working.

:flowerforyou:

EXACTLY This^.