Fried Chicken Wednesday's!!!

Options
Every wednesday my school serves fried chicken, collard greens, macroni & cheese and corn bread in the cafe as the MAIN dish! Then on the side you have all the other fatty lines for pizza & hamburger/french fries! I WAS DETERMINED NOT TO GO INTO THE CAFE TODAY...BUT... My workstudy superviser asked me to go get her food.... THEN SHE OFFERS TO PAY FOR MY MEAL AS WELL! Oh how I really wanted to say YES... but luckily i DECLINE THE OFFER! I ended up getting her food and walked out with NOTHING for myself!... I'VE ALWAYS STRUGGLED WITH SAYING "NO"... I'm just happy that today was NOT ONE OF THOSE DAYS! :wink:

Replies

• DivaRenae
    Options
    Every wednesday my school serves fried chicken, collard greens, macroni & cheese and corn bread in the cafe as the MAIN dish! Then on the side you have all the other fatty lines for pizza & hamburger/french fries! I WAS DETERMINED NOT TO GO INTO THE CAFE TODAY...BUT... My workstudy superviser asked me to go get her food.... THEN SHE OFFERS TO PAY FOR MY MEAL AS WELL! Oh how I really wanted to say YES... but luckily i DECLINE THE OFFER! I ended up getting her food and walked out with NOTHING for myself!... I'VE ALWAYS STRUGGLED WITH SAYING "NO"... I'm just happy that today was NOT ONE OF THOSE DAYS! :wink:
    AWESOME WILL POWER GIRL!!! PAT URSELF ON THE BACK!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    awesome willpower! that's where I go wrong is when someone else says they're buying
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you did it but Congratulations.:flowerforyou:
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I love greens, amazing how well they go with some grilled chicken. Still miss the fried chicken SOAKED in hot sauce. Nice job! Keep it up!
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go...you done good.
  • Stormy65
    Stormy65 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well that sounds sooo yummy! For you to say no on all that what an accomplishment!!! CONGRATS! Keep up the great work!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good job! (Exactly how much does a plate of death cost these days, anyway?)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Much kudos to you!!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! you must go to an HBCU!!!! :laugh: i know all about "chicken wednesdays"!! i'm so happy now that the school where i work has really started doing better w/the healthy meal alternatives! they even have the nutritional facts listed for each meal!! we're getting better & i hope other schools do too!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    great job!!!
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! I would have a HUGE problem saying no to all of those options, especially the mac and cheese and fried chicken!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options

You must attend an HBCU! I work at one and today was our Fried Chicken Day. The menu sounds exactly like ours. However, the cafe does offer baked chicken and they don't cook in trans fat. I had Taco Bell and a little chicken salad spread from the cafe on today. You did an excellent job! Perhaps you can speak with the manager of the cafe or someone in Student Affairs to check to see if they can offer baked chicken.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    NSV!!! Now run up the stairs with your arms up in the air like Rocky Balboa, Champ!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! you must go to an HBCU!!!! :laugh: i know all about "chicken wednesdays"!! i'm so happy now that the school where i work has really started doing better w/the healthy meal alternatives! they even have the nutritional facts listed for each meal!! we're getting better & i hope other schools do too!!

I said the same thing. Yes, I work at an HBCU also! lol Our Cafe post nutritional info also. I have even called and ask about food preparation and serving size. The entire staff know that I am making better choices .
  • jadick825
    jadick825 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, really tough. Nice work!
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job! Super proud of you, but that is nothing compared to how proud you should feel for yourself!
  • divainprogress2012
    Options
    HIGH FIVE to you girl!! Great Willpower!!!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    While mine was not fried chicken and macaroni and cheese and all kinds of wonderfully horrifically fattening and terrible for me things.... We are doing a fundraiser at work today that was 2 slices of pizza, humongous cookie and a pop for $5.

Even though the cookies looked spectacular, I was good and went out for salad instead.

I'll just donate.