jogging v.s. walking

Options
i was surprised to see that i was alotted more calories for jogging at 3.5 mph for a 1/2 hour, than walking at 3.5 mph for 1/2 hour! :noway:
what do u think?

:heart:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i was surprised to see that i was alotted more calories for jogging at 3.5 mph for a 1/2 hour, than walking at 3.5 mph for 1/2 hour! :noway:
    what do u think?

• ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think that makes sense. When you're jogging your bouncing up and down which I would think would take more energy. Also, if I walk for half an hour it doesn't effect me too much, but when I jog I sweat and breathe more heavily.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I think that makes sense. When you're jogging your bouncing up and down which I would think would take more energy. Also, if I walk for half an hour it doesn't effect me too much, but when I jog I sweat and breathe more heavily.

I agree
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    It makes complete sense.
  • jsonnett02
    Options
    what do u think?

When you are jogging/running you are getting your heart rate up, you are sweating more, you are getting more of a cardio vascular exercise, verse walking, yes you are moving, but it is not as challenging as jogging. Jogging you produce more strides than you would when you walk. Hope that helps :smile: